Canadian Customs Seized My Buddy Xmas Present I Fedexed To Him And Wife

??? Did the items get released?:scratch2:

Still in limbo but will supposedly be on it's way sometime... Fedex accepted all my new paperwork but now it's up to customs. They're accessing $70 in brokerage fees and penalties. Delivery date keeps getting pushed back, now says the 15th (estimated). I jumped through all the hoops but still haven't been given a biscuit. I would have gone USPS but the boxes were much too large. It would be fun to send another suspicious box, but filled with novelty springing snakes instead of a undervalued stereo.

Still in limbo but will supposedly be on it's way sometime... Fedex accepted all my new paperwork but now it's up to customs. They're accessing $70 in brokerage fees and penalties. Delivery date keeps getting pushed back, now says the 15th (estimated). I jumped through all the hoops but still haven't been given a biscuit. I would have gone USPS but the boxes were much too large. It would be fun to send another suspicious box, but filled with novelty springing snakes instead of a undervalued stereo.

OR a box full of fresh fish.

They'd hunt you down after a few weeks and stuff you in a box.

:lmao:

I've done at least a couple hundred deals using Canada Post / USPS for shipping items, either to or from the US. Never a problem. A few times I have paid duty/tax at the local post office prior to getting the parcel. No big deal.

UPS - will never use their international service again, nor will I purchase items from sellers that insist on using UPS instead of USPS.

I have shipped to Canada many times via USPS with no issues. It is the only way to go!
Regards,
Jim
Agreed no brokrage fees this way.

Just as shipping IN the US can be a big pain.
Agreed I bought a pair of speaker cables from you Erik great deal BTW they sat at a inspection center in NJ for a month before they were sent on to me, not Erik's fault just shit happens sometimes.

REGARDS SNOW

Back on track and scheduled for delivery this afternoon :banana: if they completely unpacked it I hope they put it back together with as much care as I did.

Okeedokee, delivered and in perfect condition.

In fact, the boxes were untouched and were never even freakin' opened. So how the heck can they justify saying it was undervalued if they never even looked inside to see what it was ? I really feel like we were just shaken down by the FedEx version of the Jersey mob. I should send them a few condoms for the next time they screw one of their customers.

But except for the added fees, all ended well and my friend has a his new bitchin' vintage stereo system. I'll see if I can get him to sign up here at AK.

:smoke:No reason not to ship to Canada, assholes abound everywhere and government agencies seem to collect them. Having said that I have bought and sold many times from and to the US with no problems and I have countless vehicles, tools, equipment of all types and have never had a problem. If I did it was with a seller not delivering.
Only time I ever had trouble at the border was a jackass immigrant border guard that said he was going to deny me entry back to Canada because I didn't have paper work for a tin of cookies my mother in law made for Xmas. Always ship or buy from sellers that use USPS, the only way to go, they do an excellent job in my opinion. If size is an issue use Fed Ex and pack it yourself or don't bother with the transaction.

I actually don't see that the customs folks were in the wrong. An item was sent into Canada with a description that would make you think it could be worth more than the declared value. All they asked was proof of that, and then the item was released. No need for them to even open the package. They just wanted to make sure the sender was not trying to cheat the system.

I actually don't see that the customs folks were in the wrong. An item was sent into Canada with a description that would make you think it could be worth more than the declared value. All they asked was proof of that, and then the item was released. No need for them to even open the package. They just wanted to make sure the sender was not trying to cheat the system.

That's how I saw it too.

I wish it was as simple as that, but when my buddy initially called the Fedex center a half hour away from him and asked about the delay, they told him packages were seized, and rudely insinuated money laundering and fraud. If they are going to claim something is undervalued, then they need to actually open the box and inspect the contents, instead of pulling a wild guess and accusation out of their behind.

Last edited:

I don't understand What is the advantage of cheating the system ? Tariffs or taxes ?

Back
Top Bottom