Canadian road rage..

We sure could use some of that to replace the kind we have here in the States. I would offer a trade, but my conscience would bother me too much giving a raw deal. :(

I had something similar happen to me a few years ago.

There is a corner where we live where I have right of way just before reaching our apartment. Often, idiots take my right of way and I have to brake HARD to avoid a collision.

This one time, a guy took my right of way (I´m on my motorcycle) and I had to brake hard, and I saw him make a gesture that I interpreted as "WTF are you doing?". I asked him quite loudly what his problem was, as I had right of way.

He said his gesture was meant to say "I´m sorry". I felt like an ass, apolgized, we shook hands and went our ways.

I had a similar event, with a kid on a skateboard flying downhill. No contact, but he dumped the board and slid a good ways.
I stopped and checked to make sure he was ok, and was surprised when he thank'd me and said that most people don't stop, or even slow down. Even admitted he probably shouldn't haven been doing that on a bus route street...sure looked like he was having fun though, so can't fault him too much. He just happened to be in my A pillar blind spot as I turned he corner!
Slow down, breathe, enjoy the ride!!

Back
Top Bottom