Canelo vs GGG

Discussion in 'Sports & Outdoor Adventure' started by canton, Apr 5, 2018.

1. canton

canton Active Member

OK if you follow boxing to any degree the Canelo vs GGG fight is off. Done the big money all the promo's have been shut down. Not going to go forward. So does anyone give a damn? Are you big into boxing and think of all the conspiricy therories that go into this TAINT MEAT saga that has been going on for a while now. I just would like to know some thoughts if anyone follows the game. I just started reading a article online about it and after a while thought the MOB got replaced by some real slick and dirty Suits that know how to play this game real well.
    I will stop there just want to know or Arturo Gatti.jpg get some thoughts from others. My Hero Gatti R.I.P. my friend.
    Canton

Please register to disable this ad.

2. Hajidub

Hajidub Chihuahua/Pug = Chug Subscriber

Though I've always been a huge fan of boxing, not until there's a governing body for all the sanctioning belts boxing will continue to suck. Some of the judging lately (hell Can/GGG first fight) has been scandalous.

3. canton

canton Active Member

You are absolutely right on both counts. They are making more money right now in boxing then usual and because of that and other reasons they will not consider a governing body. Not that that helps with your comment. I seen a guy get deducted two points for a low blow in a fight last weekend. Only problem was he was the guy who got punched in the jewels. Just when you think you have seen it all in boxing a ref, a promoter, a judge or a fighter does something that makes you wonder. yet I am hooked on the fight game have been all my life. Got a few fights coming up this weekend so never know always an adventure. Boxing "The Theater of the Unexpected" and that is not just in the ring but outside as well.
    Thanks for the kickback
    Canton

4. fredgarvin

fredgarvin AK Subscriber Subscriber

I was hoping for the rematch, the first fight wasn't as good as it should have been. GGG would have finished it this time, imo.

Yeah, Gatti was a stud. Salvador Sanchez, Alexis Arguello a couple of the best.

5. canton

canton Active Member

Those were the days with real fights, and I don't remember 20 min ring walks with fire works and music for each fighter. But there are good fights in the lighter weight classes got several on this week end that should be good and more coming up. Is GGG going to fight on the 5th and if so who will he fight on short notice.?

6. fredgarvin

I read today that Demetrius Andrade wants the fight. he's in the gym now. He's a Champ and undefeated but I don't know if he's really fought anybody.

Please register to disable this ad.

7. canton

canton Active Member

I just read about a kid from Mexico 28-0 never really fought anyone actually one weight class down then GGG you think they might take him cuss I sure do. They should not make it a PPV fight with all that has happened but they will put a card together and get whatever buys they can. Canelo will never fight GGG again G is what 35? He can make money fights for a few years and fight Canelo in the media and be another fight that never happened. I always felt that Canelo / GGG II would never happen thought they would slow roll it but this works the same. First fight was nothing to me waste of fighters names in the ring. So goes the fight game.
    Nice card on Showtime this weekend if they don't muck it up somehow.
    Canton

8. Handlebar

Handlebar Well-Known Member

Lomachenko.. w o a h..... won his third belt in different weight classes in his 12th Pro fight..
    Heavyweights Deontay Wilder 40-0 (39 KO) & Anthony Joshua 21-0 (20 KO)
    Errol Spence 23-0 (20 KO) is the IBF welterwight Champ that none of the other welterweights wanna fight.
    Terrence "Bud" Crawford the unbeaten Jr Welterweight Champ is moving up to try and take Jeff Horn's WBO welterweight belt on June 9th..
    youngsters to keep an eye on :
    Devin Haney, Michael Conlan, Nico Hernandez, Ruben Villa..
    Lomachenko is purdy special and believe he'll be one of the greatest ever.. 396-1 amateur record, 2 gold medals and now currently WBA Lightweight Champion.. let's now see Loma - Mikey Garcia 38-0 (30 KO)
    mix it up.. :)
    too bad we didnt get to see GGG knockout the juicer in a rematch..
    so ayh, I'm kind of a fan. lol

Hbar

fredgarvin likes this.
  9. fredgarvin

Lomachenko is a class above already. I suppose he'll move up the weights until someone beats him. He doesn't strike me as a Mayweather type that fights smaller, older guys moving up.