Cannot Edit after 60 min now?

I sure hope not. It sucks not being able to update my for sale listings in BT. Will it ever be like it was where we can update listings any time?

Big mistake if it is -I often update or add to my posts --sometimes I might delete something

It's hard to read all the threads on this, but they are working on it. Evidently changing site formats was a fairly large undertaking and they are addressing various issues as time allows.

I am glad to hear they are working on it I will hold off on listing until it is redone. Thanks!!!

For the first week or so, you could edit. Now it appears after a short time you can't edit. I'm hoping this can be fixed. This is especially a pain in BT if someone has a list of things for sale and a prospective buyer has to wade through pages of posts just to see if something has sold. I'm adjusting more and more to the new updated site. Good work by all!

Have patience! Many things are getting fixed, and it seems like some fixes cause other problems. That seems to be the way that S/W works. Be grateful that the team is busting their chops to close them all out.

I'm a member of one board that gives you 5 minutes to finish your editing, and then...

What a frustration there. I had the hour limit bite me last night. It is a pain, but much better than 5 minutes.

I'll wait for the dust to settle, but am on board with the lifting of time limit. I have DIY threads that I need to update periodically, and if I have to post a new post, that post might not get noted down the line, when the thread gets quite large, and the correction may be very important.

Sometimes we all say something we want to take back, or change before the general population gets a sniff. We could do that before. Now, we have to come to our senses within an hour of spewing. That, right there, is a pretty tall order.

Even if the limit stays, I think you could always request some special dispensation from a mod, and if you have just cause, you might get such leave granted.

Enjoy,
Rich P

Last edited:
Agreed. The ability to edit posts is essential in Barter Town for marking items sold and adding additional details when necessary. Hopefully this is just a permissions issue that will come out in the wash soon.

I can't go to old posts before the upgrade and fix image-links or anything like that!

YAY -
I noticed this morning,Oct 26, I can Edit this old post again now!!
YAY!!!

Last edited:
Agreed. The ability to edit posts is essential in Barter Town for marking items sold and adding additional details when necessary. Hopefully this is just a permissions issue that will come out in the wash soon.

I totally concur Noah!!!

TODAY IS NOW OCTOBER 26, 2015!

I guess that answers the question ... THANX and a BIG Tip o 'the Hat to the board!!

~~~~~~~~~~

Bartertown really needs unlimited editing, but so do tech type posts. Make a mistake now, and you're pretty much stuck with it, and somebody who takes your word for it blows up their stuff. Being able to edit your foobar and update to the correct information would be a good thing.

Sure, you can add another post with an ooPs! statement, but who's to say the one who would benefit the most will read that far?

Anyway ... the sooner the better ...

Really about the only complaint I still got here. All else is working quite nicely now that I've figured out the peculiarities of the new board.

Last edited:
I agree,some of my old posts have bad links,as Imageshack has problems,and I have gone Photobucket.
Also I have made a few mistakes in posts I cannot fix.

Not only Barter Town needs the editing option. We all make mistakes, post some wrong number, read again an answer and discover a mistake. Specially in this kind of forums where people come looking for answers and information, it's essential to be able to correct or edit the posts.

I'm sure it will be fixed soon.

HEY! I can edit now! I was looking at a post that was several days old and noticed that the "edit" icon was back. Just for a lark, I tried to remove a small redundancy AND IT WORKED!! I feel better about the new format already!

hqdefault.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom