Cannot Edit after 60 min now?

Just do what I do -- edit until there's nothing left!

Dunno if anybody else's noticed this but I was going through editing old posts and saw that the first post (and only the first post) in a thread I started had the delete button. So I deleted it:

somedelete.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

I see what you did there.

i think if its possible it would be nice to just delete individual posts.just having the ability to delete the first deletes the whole thread which it has been before but this feature would be nice.no complaints just food for thought.:smoke:

i think if its possible it would be nice to just delete individual posts.just having the ability to delete the first deletes the whole thread which it has been before but this feature would be nice.no complaints just food for thought.:smoke:

This will return for subs.

For less than 7¢ a day...you too can edit and delete posts. :D

....fwiw I'm fairly confident that editing will soon be available to one and all. As for Deletes, I'm sure that will remain exclusive to subscribers.
i simply don't have 7 cents a day .. keeps me on my toes anyway only having 1 hour to edit .. not interested in deleting either .. subscription is mainly for buying and selling and hasn't really got the subscribers to warrant it in this country as yet .plus i don't have anything much for sale

i simply don't have 7 cents a day .. keeps me on my toes anyway only having 1 hour to edit .. not interested in deleting either .. subscription is mainly for buying and selling and hasn't really got the subscribers to warrant it in this country as yet .plus i don't have anything much for sale

actually subscribing gets you more than that like increased picture storage,pm or now conversations and other perks.

Fair point with keeping your toes in shape. I'd imagine they will eventually return the same unlimited editing for everyone like it was with vBulletin. Film at 11.

A few thoughts on "limited" editing. Like you say, it has the potential for making most folks a little more conscientious when posting. Some people use the post button like a preview button-- never check spelling, misquotes, bad links, etc. until it's posted. I'm not saying every detail and T must be crossed...but for shit's sake, at least give it a once over. While they're editing, others will quote garbage and it's a bastard sometimes trying to follow the thread.

Not to mention the smarmy tactic of editing a post days later to "clean up" a debate that did not fare to well in their direction. heh, for the most part those types are pretty easy to spot. Unless you come by a month or two later.

Used to be a fellar here that was notorious for incessantly "editing" his posts...minutes, days, and even weeks later after he got caught red handed knee deep in bullshit. Granted he wasn't the sharpest knife in the drawer but still a Major party foul. Somehow he thought he was preserving his cred for posterity's sake. lmao.

I dunno. I'm so OCD that I might be reading a thread from months ago and notice I made an error in spelling or syntax or something. If I couldn't fix it, it would drive me up the wall. I'm fairly careful about editing before the fact, but I still make mistakes now and again. But one tactic I would never stoop to is indulging in "revisionist history" editing to make it look like I won an argument. That way lies the path to total annihilation.

Yes! I can EDIT now. Last nite it would flip me the bird if I tried to edit more than 5 minutes after the post, but today it seems to be like old times.

Thanks Team - - -

Maybe sometime soon they can fix it so I don't have to log in so often. THAT is a PITA.
You might still have some old or corrupted cookies hanging about, or a bookmark to the old url. Try clearing cache and cookies, type the url, audiokarma.org (some people actually use other urls, which don't function well as mirrors), log in, having checked the Keep Me Logged In box, and then set a new bookmark/shortcut.

That should make things more reliable.

Fair point with keeping your toes in shape. I'd imagine they will eventually return the same unlimited editing for everyone like it was with vBulletin. Film at 11.

A few thoughts on "limited" editing. Like you say, it has the potential for making most folks a little more conscientious when posting. Some people use the post button like a preview button-- never check spelling, misquotes, bad links, etc. until it's posted. I'm not saying every detail and T must be crossed...but for shit's sake, at least give it a once over. While they're editing, others will quote garbage and it's a bastard sometimes trying to follow the thread.

Not to mention the smarmy tactic of editing a post days later to "clean up" a debate that did not fare to well in their direction. heh, for the most part those types are pretty easy to spot. Unless you come by a month or two later.

Used to be a fellar here that was notorious for incessantly "editing" his posts...minutes, days, and even weeks later after he got caught red handed knee deep in bullshit. Granted he wasn't the sharpest knife in the drawer but still a Major party foul. Somehow he thought he was preserving his cred for posterity's sake. lmao.

Sometimes it's helpful to quote the other side in a heated debate to keep the record straight.

Might sound odd, but I've been on a few forums with no post editing capability at all, by design. The admins said that it was to help you make sure that you really wanted to say what you typed, to promote responsibility. Just like speech, once you say it, you can't really take it back.
It also preserves lousy spelling and grammar for the ages.

Back
Top Bottom