Can't post, Can't Edit, Permissions, etc... Please use this thread

after testing all seems fine this end ..
i must stress i only get alerts for new posts in threads after i clicked the button for email alerts . any threads prior to this i dont get alerts by email .

I applied to MS to have AK's IP delisted. Haven't heard back. I don't have a copy of the NDR email. I imagine more will be forthcoming.

We've been through this before, with some other ISPs. The abuse desk refuses to believe that people ask for the notification emails that we send out seemingly non-stop. Took four years and an email to an EVP of RCM.com to get them to delist the IP and domain.

MS is very aggressive. If you haven't heard back in 48 hours, you won't.

I'll see, tomorrow. Thanks.

In the event that such delisting is not forthcoming, any suggestions for a workaround, if this, in fact, is what is causing the lack of notification emails, for some, but not all? this might have to be done at the user level, yes?

Really need the NDRs to gauge. If you want you can send me PMs to trigger alerts or mail from the server as my domains are on hosted Exchange with MS. Grab an NDR from one of those bounces and let me know what it says.

SORBS has you listed under DUHL, which seems odd that your outbound server would use an address from dynamic space... if their record is correct. If mail is sent from the same IP as the site is hosted you can expect more trouble to come up due to the IP change.

I haven't had any email notifications from subscribed threads since the server upgrade. I have two apple devices as well as a windows device that receive that email account and nothing on any of them.

- Pete

Really need the NDRs to gauge. If you want you can send me PMs to trigger alerts or mail from the server as my domains are on hosted Exchange with MS. Grab an NDR from one of those bounces and let me know what it says.

SORBS has you listed under DUHL, which seems odd that your outbound server would use an address from dynamic space... if their record is correct. If mail is sent from the same IP as the site is hosted you can expect more trouble to come up due to the IP change.
+1

SORBS DUHL is not necessarily related to dynamic IP space although it started out that way.

They throw anything on that list now including this servers IP "209.126.16.40" which is a static IP within https://www.nexcess.net/

So the IP is NOT going to change and AK needs to contact SORBS and get 209.126.16.40 de-listed.

http://www.sorbs.net/overview.shtml

Frannie

I have all my preferences set for watching threads I start or reply and to receive email notification, but haven't received any email notification at all! I noticed that the only "watched thread" that seems to be in my account is from a long time ago (Sansui database thread) but none of the recent threads I started or replied to...I do get the Alert red flag in the upper corner when I log in but that's the only notification??
Is there something I needed to reset somewhere? I've gone through all my account preference setting and saved them??

Still no email notifications here and I've started new threads and replied to threads....using Win10 Home with Hotmail email address and Chrome for my browser if that helps...
The Alert box is still showing replies etc..there...but I only see that when I login...

I got no email notifications after 5:00 this morning. I too got to find out about it via the alert box.

At 20:00(Queensland time) I checked my Spam folder because my brother told me that he had sent me an email. I had no new emails at all. After looking in my email Spam folder all of a sudden there were 11 messages in my inbox. There was my brother's email message, along with the missing ones from AK and a few others.

As far as I'm aware this has never happened to me before. So I'm a bit puzzled right now.

Well, it seems that some ISPs and Microsoft's email server, are rejecting our notification emails, thinking them to be spam, 'because nobody would request this many emails' !

The listing of AK's IP is spreading to various other ISPs, like Verizon, ATT and others.

Some of you, like theophile, are starting to receive alert messages, but, meanwhile, the quantity of non-delivery notices is increasing. I fear this will get worse, before it gets better.

I'm sure you will keep us posted on this luvvinvinyl...not that it's a huge deal for me because I generally check here everyday anyway. Having the email notifications is a nice reminder and convenience.
The alert box is doing it's job anyway.
Hope you get this feature sorted out!

Here's my issue:
Everything has been fine, site loading fairly fast, etc.
Until this past weekend.
Now, once again, the AK site is s o o o s l o o o o w w w w . . . .
It's almost like being on dialup.
I had this issue several months ago, then suddenly one day it was fast again...now the slowmess is just...maddening.
Edit: It took several seconds for this post to actually post after I hit the "Post Reply" button.

Here's my issue:
Everything has been fine, site loading fairly fast, etc.
Until this past weekend.
Now, once again, the AK site is s o o o s l o o o o w w w w . . . .
It's almost like being on dialup.
I had this issue several months ago, then suddenly one day it was fast again...now the slowmess is just...maddening.
Edit: It took several seconds for this post to actually post after I hit the "Post Reply" button.
try doing an internet speed test and clearing browser cache etc .

Well looks like the email notification feature is back up and working now...yeah!!
Page loading speed has been fine here.

Back
Top Bottom