Can't post, Can't Edit, Permissions, etc... Please use this thread

Application blocked from accessing graphics hardware warnings, then webpage not responding then web page recovery errors for two days now

Only on this site. I am also getting typing lag

I'm finding difficulties in cutting and pasting an image using {IMG}{/IMG}. I used the wrong brackets because I can't display the correct ones. I am using the correct brackets when I try on the site.

My laptop does not like AK. It would not allow me to start a new thread today could never complete title letters would not show up then I would get AK not responding due to long running script. Wasted 30 min. Trying to type title

^^^ Exactly, I trie 3 times to typthis and then the webge ad to be recovered. I c spell, this is what is coming ouwhen I type

I clear them daily, I use IE and should not have to use another browser. Seems a little better today, not seeing the typing lag

EDIT: It's still freezing after a few minutes. Maybe I wll try it with the Firefox browser but still say there should be no reason to switch to another browser. This XenForo should work with any current browser, I am using Windows10 and now the typing lag is starting as I post this. This is not happening on any other forum I belong to

Last edited:
I went to a few other Xenforo forums including Xenforo's, there is numerous threads describing the same problem and yes, all those Xenforo sites I have the same issue. JDO lag and other stuff

Mark forums read.

How can I reverse this? Somehow that got switched on, and I cannot find how to turn that off.

I went to a few other Xenforo forums including Xenforo's, there is numerous threads describing the same problem and yes, all those Xenforo sites I have the same issue. JDO lag and other stuff
Input lag for some users is fairly common with script laden database intensive sites. Especially common on forums that run third party ad scripts.

Google reports that vBulletin has much the same gripe from users. There are a myriad of reasons for this annoying behavior. Gee, where to start? Anti-Virus/Malware apps or "cloaking" software or browser add-ons for instance can rob CPU headroom and cause issues like this.

I don't know your particular setup, just tossing that out for something to consider. And yes, it can happen to you here but nowhere else because, well...everyone's computer and Internet is a complicated stew of unique scripts, servers, software, and browser add-ons.

FWIW, personally I'm having no issues with my daily drivers Chrome or Firefox. I fired up IE and while it was a slower to load, (no surprise ;)) once she finish crunching the scripts, I have no problem with input lag on AK. -->Latest version of IE on Windows 7.

Just for shits and in the sole interest of trying to lift you/others out of a ditch....fire up yer rig in Safe Mode with Networking. Open IE and take AK for a test drive. How'd it go?

ETLS said:
Mark forums read.

How can I reverse this? Somehow that got switched on, and I cannot find how to turn that off.

As far as I know that only happens if you click "Mark forums read" (If you click that your read status gets updated)

Input lag for some users is fairly common with script laden database intensive sites. Especially common on forums that run third party ad scripts.

Google reports that vBulletin has much the same gripe from users. There are a myriad of reasons for this annoying behavior. Gee, where to start? Anti-Virus/Malware apps or "cloaking" software or browser add-ons for instance can rob CPU headroom and cause issues like this.

I don't know your particular setup, just tossing that out for something to consider. And yes, it can happen to you here but nowhere else because, well...everyone's computer and Internet is a complicated stew of unique scripts, servers, software, and browser add-ons.

FWIW, personally I'm having no issues with my daily drivers Chrome or Firefox. I fired up IE and while it was a slower to load, (no surprise ;)) once she finish crunching the scripts, I have no problem with input lag on AK. -->Latest version of IE on Windows 7.

Just for shits and in the sole interest of trying to lift you/others out of a ditch....fire up yer rig in Safe Mode with Networking. Open IE and take AK for a test drive. How'd it go?
There is truth in this. I use Firefox and a raft of addons to customise my web browsing and temper the security holes in Adobe's PDF flaws(no longer use Adobe Reader or Acrobat for example), the security problems with Flash(disabled) and the intrusiveness and exploitation which is part and parcel of Windows 10. Some Firefox addons interact with this forum format. I was nearly going to quit AK due to the interaction problem with one particular Firefox addon. Instead I deleted the addon. I don't miss it much. I would miss AK. I should get a life.

Last edited:
^^^ Exactly, I trie 3 times to typthis and then the webge ad to be recovered. I c spell, this is what is coming ouwhen I type

I realize the site should work with all browsers, but just try this as an experiment.

Get the Chrome browser. Then download this extension : uBlock Origin Yeah, it's an ad blocker and AK gets money from ads, and we all want to support AK - got it. But it also blocks other scripts that run in the background. The list of advertisers down the right side of the main forum are still displayed, it's not like it cuts that off, too, but it'll block the stuff that makes the site hang up.

Question: When I sell something I do not see the option to change it to SOLD when I edit the post ???
Is this a problem or am I missing something?
Thanks

John

Question: When I sell something I do not see the option to change it to SOLD when I edit the post ???
Is this a problem or am I missing something?
Thanks

John

Go to your post, click on: Thread Tools, then click Edit Title.

Two of my posts have disappeared. Hopefully, this isn't a sign of impending forum issues... :eek:

Back
Top Bottom