Capacitor price fixing class action lawsuit?

Got one too, Price fixing capacitors ?

......GC

Why not? Computer manufacturers probably buy tens, if not hundreds, of thousands at a time. It could pay for two or more capacitor companies to, shall we say, compare notes.

Maybe we could all assign our $1.14 recovery to AK.

Last edited:
$1.14??? What a ripoff!! last class action check I got was $1.88. I kid you not. Hey, who sold our names? Digikey, Mouser, Parts Express? LOL

Yea, I was gonna start a thread on this, I'm glad I saw this.

I got something from an outfit called Burlington or something like that. I've also got other things from them, Just wondering if they are some kind of middleman. :idea:

I don't want some company taking my part of $1.45 or whatever it I have coming to me.

I'm going to research this further and try to find out who really owns the pot of gold before settling for anything. :D:beerchug:

Got my notice.

Can't wait for the $0.24 settlement check that costs $0.45 to mail t me.

WOO HOO!

At least some lawyers will get fat.

Got my notification in the mail today.

I figure I should be able to score a decent size piece of a penny or two on the settlement ... probably to be paid in several installments over time. Hmmmmmm ... what to spend my new found largess on? I know ... I DO need some capacitors!

I got 2 notices. The last class action award I got was a check for $0.20. I did not cash it, so they could not close out their accounts for several months, and I tossed yesterday's notices in the proper bin.

Enjoy,
Rich P

Last edited:
Got a follow-up today. I hope everyone saved their invoices.

Is there a database somewhere that can list all the Lytics & film caps that are in the 2 (or 3) laptops or other electronics I have bought since 2002?

I got three of them, I guess I'm special. I also tossed it, figured the few pennies I was likely to get wouldn't pay for the stamp to send it back.

Finally, someone is standing up to the Capacitor Cartel. The people will not be exploited!

delacroix-liberty-leading-the-people-1830.jpg

Back
Top Bottom