Capacitor replacement

Phil Sardo

Looking to replace the capacitors in a crossover. The marking on the existing crossover is 2MFD 30WV. Can't seem to find a cross reference for a suitable replacement. Any sugggestions?
20170421_145028.jpg

Thanks for all the input but I am looking to restore these speakers to original factory specs thus my quest to find an exact replacement. I'll keep searching for a while longer and unless I find a match I will go with one of the suggested caps. Keeps your eyes open for a cap like this and keep me posted. Thanks to all.

Original is not necessarily better. I am not sure keeping original parts has any particular effect on resale, if that is what's on your mind. If I had a choice between a stock SX-1250, and a 1250 that had been rehabbed by echowars. I would go with the rehab at a way higher cost to me.

Original is not necessarily better. I am not sure keeping original parts has any particular effect on resale, if that is what's on your mind. If I had a choice between a stock SX-1250, and a 1250 that had been rehabbed by echowars. I would go with the rehab at a way higher cost to me.
Hear-Hear!
In an age where manufacturing and materials improvements have put better technology in the hands of hobbyists, I've never understood the whole "restore to original" thing. The designers of yesteryear's speakers would've killed for access to what we have and surely would've used it had it been available or economically feasible.
But then, I'm not in the business of collecting and reselling collector's items. My hotrodding, although a sonic joy, is a financial boondoggle.

IMG_1060.JPG

Back
Top Bottom