captainfantastic16 Mcintosh restorer

kennyno

Has anyone heard off or dealt with a mcintosh tech who advertises on ebay
goes by ebay name captainfantastic from Brooklyn NY.
He cells a lot of lights and Mcintosh stuff , but advertises complete restoration
for mc240 for $500 ?

I've definitely heard of him.. bought a tape machine off him which he claimed was in immaculate condition.. when it arrived it most definitely wasn't & needed repair. I told him rather than send it back i would take it to a local tech (as i am in another country & return would have been expensive for him) and when i got the invoice i would send it to him to refund me that amount. He said to go ahead, so i did, then when i got the invoice and emailed him he didnt answer, so i made a paypal claim.. which was immediately decided in his favor, when he escalated it to a claim..
Unbeknownst to me if you make any changes to an item you immediately void any chance of a paypal claim.. He obviously knew this & told me to go ahead knowing that full well....
Yep, I really hate getting ripped off..so this guy.. avoid.. If i get kicked off here for calling him out, so be it.. I have no other recourse but to call him out so i say 100%, avoid this seller.

It is all about customer service after the sale. That is why most prefer either Terry D. (good price but long wait) or Audio Classic (pricey but quick).

i bought 4 7591 tubes from him which were advertised as a NOS matched quad. they were neither. he did take the return and give a full refund but i wouldnt trust him

Back
Top Bottom