Car arrives

I like those full size Chevys, and that looks like a good one, very straight body. The best car I have, or have had, is my 72 Impala, those cars are built like tanks. And with the V8, they're pretty fast too. I would go and put that small block in it, I've had both a 68 with the 327 and the 72 with the 400 and both were not slow cars, both of them were much faster than my 289 Mustang was, which easily weighed about 1/2 a ton less. And with a wagon that means more room to haul stuff which is always good. It looks like it has the original radio too, which is unusual in old cars nowdays. I like to keep the original radio in my cars (or sometimes I'll take out the original and put one from the same year and model that had more features such as FM or an 8-track, or keep the original and stuff an 8-track or cassette player under the dash). I've never much approved of CD players in old cars. I liked that 60 Chevy that was back there as well, I've never had one but I think the 59/60 Chevrolet has the best looking dash in any car, ever.

junkaudio said:
what is a gallon in dollars in the states right now?
in europe gas in more expensive then vintage gear :thumbsdn:

Here in Cleveland Ohio it's running $2.45/gallon. It varies a bit from area to area.

Grump nice! Fat tires, lifted back end, + 355 = very cool.

Pete

1 gallon is 3,79 liter so you pay 0,65 dollar per liter
we pay in germany more than twice the price :scratch2:

Back
Top Bottom