1. Time for some upgrades in server hardware and software to enhance security and take AK to the next level. Please contribute what you can to sales@audiokarma.org at PayPal.com - Thanks from the AK Team
    Dismiss Notice

Car tools you just can't find loacally!!

Discussion in 'Wheels, Wings, Mud, and Water' started by FONSguy, May 13, 2018.

1. soundmotor

soundmotor super modified Subscriber

This is where I miss the old JC Whitney catalogs. Still have many of the tools bought from their pages, a spline drive set for one. Turned out to be K-D brand too.

Please register to disable this ad.

2. soundmotor

soundmotor super modified Subscriber

My first thought, someone actually searched to buy a U-tool?

[​IMG]

3. beat_truck

beat_truck Super Member

What happened to it at such low miles?:eek: What kind of car was it?

4. FONSguy

FONSguy Super Member

I HAVE a pair of those. The new set is 4 things that look kind of like dull x-acto blades on ringed handles. One goes in a slot at each corner.

5. jdurbin1

jdurbin1 Tandberg enthusiast Subscriber

Ah, yeah... I have some of those floating around too. Back when I was still installing I made a point of always putting a set of whatever cheap tool they provided with radios on a cord-turned-keyring so I could find them instantly in my toolbox.

Wonder how many arms/hands the idiots that designed THAT setup thought installers came with? Hard to pull four corners simultaneously when they're that far apart.

John

6. FONSguy

FONSguy Super Member

Well I got the tools on-line on Friday. Rained Saturday. TODAY I pulled the radio, found the blown fuse and replaced it. YAAAYYY!! I passed Car Radio!!

Please register to disable this ad.