Careful in the pet store.

Don't buy a puppy from a pet store.
The dilemma there is, yes- you don't want to perpetuate the puppy mill problem. But if you don't, think about what happens to the unsold, non-profitable pup/cat/anything. It's all very sickening.

I personally think (and have for a LONG time) that Pet Stores should only sell pets they have acquired from the Humane Society. What would be a dream come true would be the ASPCA and the pet stores working together to find homes for the millions of homeless animals we already have out there looking for a loving family. But with the logistics and the "Almighty Dollar" attitude of today, I do not see that happening in my lifetime.

I will stop now. Peace out!

In my fair city, pet stores work with rescues, to place otherwise unwanted pets in forever homes. We got Aggie, in my av, that way, just before Hallowe'en, last year. And Lily, about a month ago, the same way.DSCN1434.JPG

When my bud was a kid, they went to a pet store that had a monkey, the sign on the cage said.."keep fingers away"..he didn't..still has the scar:rflmao:

Back
Top Bottom