Cartridge Suggestions for Technics SL-Q202

promtbr

Hi all,

My daughters boyfriend got the Vinyl-Turntable bug after seeing my set up and listening to music. He "found" his folks Technics SL-Q202 in their attic, and its in great shape except the cart. What are good Cart suggestions that won't break his bank (college student). I saw a pic that it had a headshell similar to my 1200, I did some searches for Cart recommendations and they were all dated and not very helpful. I am guessing he needs to stay under $200 and maybe closer to $100 if possible. I did gather that that TT has enough quality to be worth it if he stuck some money in a better than budget cart. He likes to listen to classic rock and some electronica. He will be using an old Technics Receiver and Sony SSMB100H Bookshelf speakers.

For someone just starting out AND a college student, I would highly recommend the AT95e for about $40.

Thanks all! You guys are the champs! I have just forwarded your suggestions to him. I am sure one of those will suit perfectly! He is a recent convert to old school TT and vinyl records. Already a retro kid in that his car has a tape deck and cassettes were the only music he could afford or listen to, therefore he's addicted to my era (60-80's) rock type music. (Which you don't see much in that age of kid imho). He was beyond stoked when his folks told him to dig into their attic where they had stored their old TT system!

Back
Top Bottom