Carver TX1-11

What do you want to know? Best feature is multipath reduction. Also can listen in stereo to weak stations that other tuners would switch to mono.

Last edited:
I had one and it did work on some stations to reduce multipath noise and hash. Found often caused distortion and would require some adjustment. Found streaming over the internet was better than trying to tease out a listenable signal from fringe stations. Ended up getting rid of the one I had..

I have one around here somewhere. I used to use it (with a Pioneer TX-9500 II) when I was DXing distant FM stations. (Back when there was still 800 kHz spacing between the local FM stations) Seemed to me to be not much more than a fancy active high blend circuit that mixed L and R channels dependent on audio level.

I have one of these. It has the same circuit as the noise reduction circuit in the TX-11B tuner. I have this unit and a TX-11B and I think this is one of the best stereo blend circuits that I have heard.

Just browsing through old threads and came across this one. I find it quite aggravating that a very poor decision (no Carver for me) was made from only two very pathetic opinions. When you go anywhere else on the internet, the TX-11,11a, 11b get rave reviews.

This thread is a prime example of poor choices made by poor sources of info.

Just browsing through old threads and came across this one. I find it quite aggravating that a very poor decision (no Carver for me) was made from only two very pathetic opinions. When you go anywhere else on the internet, the TX-11,11a, 11b get rave reviews.

This thread is a prime example of poor choices made by poor sources of info.
Then again you can't believe everything you read on the internet either. I had an 11 years ago that I bought after reading those rave reviews. Not a knock on it but it sure didn't last long around here.

Then again you can't believe everything you read on the internet either. I had an 11 years ago that I bought after reading those rave reviews. Not a knock on it but it sure didn't last long around here.

If it was the FM only TX-11, then yes, I agree. My oldest brother had one since new, and it was alright. The TX-11a I have is much more musical and natural sounding. It's a very good companion to the Yamaha TX-1000U I also have. It also pulls in stations a bit better than the TX-1000U. And where the TX-1000U is fuller and warmer sounding with a tad bit more bass, its sound stage is also closed in whereas the TX-11a is wider and more dynamic with a bit more sparkle on the top end.

Then again, I just realized that this thread was about the TX1-11, not the TX-11 tuner. So my apologies there.

Back
Top Bottom