casa de shock-and-awe! welcome to my home..(the house tour, stereorob style!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ramshackle or not, it looks like a fun place to hang out. Case of beer, all that gear, and I would be good to go.

well it is a very fun place to hang out. pretty much everyone that comes over audiophile or not, ends up staying till the wee hours of the morning. and most come back all the time lol.

but heres the thing. when i was 19 or 20, it would have been the coolest place in town, and most of my friends think it is, young and old. but im 26 allmost 27, and its time for me to grow up. im ready to find a real house. but as delapidated and raggidy as this place is. i have alot of good memories here. i have had alot of fun in this old trailor.

"casa de shock-and-awe! welcome to my home..(the house tour, stereorob style!) "

Whatever you say, chooch.

well, i used to call this place the "beaumont stereoden" or "club francina", but its a few people, mostly ak's own floridasam that first coined the name, "casa de shock-and-awe". and it makes sence. even though im done with shock and awe! systems-projects. rather i like it or not, its my trademark lol

Thanks

Dude!

Thanks for sharing. That place looks fine to me. Gawd knows I've lived in a hell of a lot worse (gotta start somewhare) and seen places I could bearly stand to stand in (one next door). Trailers are just self destructing buildings. I've worked on a lot of them. Made to sell, not to buy. They've gotten better (modular homes) but they are just not meant to last.

It is what it is and you've kept it well.

Photos of a warm land during the cold of winter are also appreciated. Never been to Florida, I heard its humid and full of bugs.

lol, well this tin can is 40 years old, the avg. lifetime of this era mobile home was about 15 years. so its lived far past that allready, but its falling apart too fast to keep up. florida is an intresting place to live, yes its very humid and full of bugs of all types, and the further south in florida you go, the sun gets hotter and the bugs get bigger!! but its not very warm here right now though, we had a few nights in the 20s last week! but that is very unusual for florida, it was 75 today and about 60 right now. but still much warmer then seattle lol.

It looks to be a very nice trailer you live in. Love the cats you have. Maybe if you sell some of your equipment, you can fix it up so it looks half-way decent. I live in a 20 year old double-wide and I like it very much. It's very well insulated from the heat and the cold. I had a lot of work done on the inside including new doors, windows, repainted every room in the house.

well once apon a time, it was a very very nice top-of-the-line model, now its a leeky mold infested deathtrap. it looks MUCH nicer in the pics, but if you were standing in my livingroom, right now, you would be singing a diffrent tune. lol your trailor is half the age of mine. with upgrades. mine has none. it was really nice in 1971. lol

id like to see yours, post some pics!!

Needing money - hmm - buys stereo stuff and complains about needing money. Very simple, sell the stereo stuff for the money and fix the trailer. My wife is first and foremost in my mind. Her happiness is important to me and anything after that is gravy....

People wonder why the show 'Hoarders' is out there....

Oh,get off your frickin high horse.
Jimmy

Trailer home, no problem. We already knew Rob has plenty of audio stuff, so the shock is gone.

Me, I'd like to live in a sea container conversion one day..
image.axd

"Genteel shabbiness", "Bohemian", or "Eclectic" are good descriptive adjectives, I think....(grin)

Please Sandy, bohemian with a small b. No thrifty, hard working, self respecting Bohunk would live in such a state. Bohemians are the kind of people who sweep the sidewalks and gutters outside their houses.

By the way, many if not most of the employees at the famous Western Electric Hawthorn plant in Cicero were Bohemians.

http://www.klasrestaurant.com/html/holidays.html

... as were many of the fine folks in East Baltimore who once manned (and, in those days, it was mostly men) the Bethlehem Steel Plant in Sparrows Point. Thus, National Bohemian (or National Boh or Nattie Boh as it was known) beer - of a different time and a different place.

Highlandtown (Hollan-town, to roughly approximate the local accent) is a very different place today than it was even a decade or so ago.

But I digress...

A man's home is his castle, and you have a fine one indeed! Happiness is what's important and lots of cool gear don't hurt! Kudos for finding a woman who will put up with the man toys, I had to get divorced to do that.

Very cool collection and space, StereoRob! Thanks for sharing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom