Caseworker's Main system

Caseworker

Happy Easter all,
Here's a couple pics of my main system upstairs. It's a work in progress. I upgraded from JBL L-100's to DQ-20s and matched them with the Sony amp.

I bought this Sony N80 ES amp about a year ago. I got a deal on it due to it's lack of side panels. I've been meaning to build some for it and finally got around to finishing them.

It was not the easiest thing I've ever done. The process is pretty lengthy. I've got a hole new respect for fine furniture and piano finishers. (Not that my work holds a candle to theirs.) I used solid Mahogany, and oodles of lacquer, sanding and polishing.

I got the DQ-20's from fellow, local AK'r Imready and so far am very pleased with them, although I need a better preamp to really satisfy them. Right now I'm just using the pre section of my HK730. I'm lucky, Imready took very good care of them. It's nice to bring in a pair of speakers that I don't have to sand, refinish, replace grill cloth, etc. Big thanks!

I'll post some more pics later.

Hope you all enjoy the rest of the weekend!

Attachments

• Easter 2011 111.jpg
    Easter 2011 111.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 242
  • Easter 2011 108.jpg
    Easter 2011 108.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 166
your setup looks good and i bet it sounds real good, you just gotta love those Sony ES pieces from that era so well built and with a sound of their own iv long admired those N80s, i powered my DQ10s with a str-GX10 ES receiver for awhile, i really liked that combo it was a great match-up, i bet those DQ20s sound killer on that N80 amp.

Thanks fellas!

The Sony certainly has plenty of power, it pushes the Dahlquists with ease. Now to find a preamp...and a better CD player, and a DAC, audio rack, turntable, it never ends!

For now, I'm enjoying what I've got.

Back
Top Bottom