Cassette belt replacement

couch-flyer

Never tasted lutefisk
Does anyone have a good source to purchase replacement cassette deck drive belts? I need four and I can get them at Vintage Electronics in Colorado but they are $14.00 each.

Thanks for your help

I just bought a set of replacement belts for Pioneer CT-F750, CT-F9191 and CT-F1000 from ebay seller minnie_maxie. Prices were in the $10-$15 range for a full set of belts.

You might email the seller and see if they carry the model you need.

You can also try www.vintage-electronics.cc

He carries a lot of belts for cassette decks.

Good luck,
Clay

Vintage TX,

I don't know what sizes the belts are. They are the capstan belts for Sansui SC-3330, SC-3110, SC-2110 & SC-1. The belts were deterated when I opened up the decks so I could not take any measurements. The shop manuals don't give belt dimensions. I could take some measurements of the pullys and flywheel diameter and the distance between them.

Thanks

Couch-flyer, I don't have the spec's for Sansui.:(
The width is also important, see if Radio Lee's link helps.

Sorry...

Vintage TX & radiolee,

Thanks for you help. I have an email to StudioSound. I'll see what they have to say.

Lutefisk

I've heard the Swedes invented Lutefisk to keep the Norwegians from eating their fish....

Lee

Couch-flyer,
so I guess that is not your favorite meal:p:
I was dating a girl many years ago and her parents came from the north side of Sweden.
Favorite food was lutefiske:puke:
A good and ready can is half swollen when it's ready to "harvest"
Back then (1978) I was invited for dinner one time and that stinky smell almost made me puke..
Don't understand how anyone can eat that:confused:

:rolleyes:
Ode to Lutfisk

Ah lutfisk, oh lutfisk! You stinky old fish,
To not have to eat you is my greatest wish!
On Christmas Eve we sit down to dine,
In anticipation of a feast so fine.
My father approaches, a gleam in his eye,
That among my family causes great hue and cry!
For Daddy Dearest has brought us a treat,
Something we can't believe he expects us to eat.
Yes, yes indeed, you must fear your worst fear,
A platter of lutfisk is hovering near.
Quivering slightly in a sauce made of milk,
Strong men have fled from fish of its ilk!
Bravery is one thing, stupidity another,
My family all runs, heading for cover.
We are not stupid, we won't touch the fish,
For even the cats recoil from this dish.

Top 10 USES for Lutefisk

Before we start, for the Norwegianly challenged-

Lutefisk is dried cod that has been soaked in a lye solution to rehydrate it. It is boiled or baked and served with butter and salt and pepper. The finished lutefisk usually has the consistancy of Jello. So, imagine a hot, fish flavored Jello and you can understand why Norwegians love it so much. It is traditionly served in the U.S. for Thanksgiving and Christmas and avoided the rest of the year.

Top 10 USES for Lutefisk
10. For a Remake of the 1958 movie "The Blob".
9. It's more disgusting, than manure, for the "Burning bag on the front porch" trick.
8. To give your home that Scandinavian "Holiday Scent".
7. Toss lutefisk under the porch to get rid of skunks. (CAUTION: May attract Norwegians!)
6. To get "the taste out of your mouth" after eating pumpkin pie.
5. For a Scandinavian version of Jello Wrestling.
4. Put it in your shoes. It hides foot odor, cushions your heel and puts a spring in your step!
3. For an earthquake detector. (the only time lutefisk STOPS quivering is during an earthquake)
2. If you are filming a documentary, "The Norwegian Bachelor Farmers" you can use lutefisk to lure them out of their houses.

And the number one USE for Lutefisk...
1. The odor will rid your house of relatives, rodents and other unwanted pests.

You guys crack me up! :lmao: Try this link. It is from Napa Valley though. But it does explain why someone would have a site about lutefisk.

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom