Castle Acoustics speakers from the early 90's?

Hi,

Generally Castle speakers are good quality, with flat responses and no hype.
Bought used at the right price they can be very good value. However the
drivers are also generally not really top notch, don't expect miracles.

rgds, sreten.

I like my little Trent II's a lot. If you have a chance to get a pair try them, you wont be disappointed.
Are you looking at a specific pair?

Not surprised. I did a quick check too and the only image I could find is a small one on the UK eBay site.

If these are a good deal and you like them I would go for it if you are going to keep them. If you do get them post some pictures of them so there will be a few more on the internet. :thumbsup:

Sorry for resurrecting this old thread, but i'm just wondering if there has been any further collective knowledge / experience on the Castle Windsors since this discussion. Did the OP wind up getting them? All i can find are some used sales ads in the intervening years, but nothing on the sound quality.

Sorry for resurrecting this old thread, but i'm just wondering if there has been any further collective knowledge / experience on the Castle Windsors since this discussion. Did the OP wind up getting them? All i can find are some used sales ads in the intervening years, but nothing on the sound quality.

Castle had some great speakers. Never heard the Windsors, but much of the line of that era. Good enclosures, good voicing, top notch veneers. Very British. Their later Inversion series was a bit less so.

I see that "British" term a lot. Unfortunately, i have not heard Rogers' nor Spendors'. What i have heard are B&W's, Harbeth's, Linn's, Mission/Cyrus, and old Tannoy's. Care to make any comparisons to those or other brands?

Castle had some great speakers. Never heard the Windsors, but much of the line of that era. Good enclosures, good voicing, top notch veneers. Very British. Their later Inversion series was a bit less so.
I've just joined your site. In response, I've owned a pair of Castle Windsor speakers, bought new in the 1990s. I've had no need replace them even though I've substantially upgraded my CD player and amplification last year. The better the the front end, the better the sound quality. I wouldn't change them unless they break down. I suspect like all speakers, they sound better without the grills

Back
Top Bottom