CD for MX-1000U

VINTAGEO

Newbie in New B.
Was there ever a cd player that matched the MX/CX 1000 series ?

Also what tuner, I'm assuming TX 1000?

I am currently running a Rotel RCD 955 AX and love it! just curious, can't find any cdp's that match this set

Was there ever a cd player that matched the MX/CX 1000 series ?

Also what tuner, I'm assuming TX 1000?
CDX-1100U, CDX-1110

I have the CDX-1100U. Is a beast! Probably heavier than your preamp. Same laser head as the CDX-10000

CDX-1100U is an excellent choice and surprisingly affordable. CDX-1120 has four DAC chips and sounds even better. Also very affordable for what will be getting. Google image and see what's inside them.

CDX-1100U is an excellent choice and surprisingly affordable. CDX-1120 has four DAC chips and sounds even better. Also very affordable for what will be getting. Google image and see what's inside them.

If your laser dies on the CDX-1110 or a CDX-1120, you are $ht out of luck. I also do not believe that my ears could hear the difference between 2 or 4 BB chips.

Yamaha used the laser head and the same DAC chip in the CDX-1100 and CDX-10000...so it ain't bad.

Now I will let you in a little secret:

If your laser dies in your CDX-1100, there are plenty of potential donors out there (for the head only)
CDX-500,700,900 all have the same laser head :rolleyes:

CDX- xxxx.. I don't mess with vintage CDP's CambridgeAudio works for me.

yeah, to Dave's point, old CDPs are a PITA, but is not always the head that goes bad.
For example, the CDX-1100 has the Deaded Sony Glue DSG problem (all over the PSU)
I have two units and one is not working...I thought the laser was bad, but it is not..there must be something wrong with my compromised PSU...

Last edited:
.great info, thanks!
My Rotel has the famous philips 1541 DAC and sounds amazing, so won't be going anywhere for a while. I've had lots of offers on it tho

If your laser dies on the CDX-1110 or a CDX-1120, you are $ht out of luck. I also do not believe that my ears could hear the difference between 2 or 4 BB chips.

Yamaha used the laser head and the same DAC chip in the CDX-1100 and CDX-10000...so it ain't bad.

Now I will let you in a little secret:

If your laser dies in your CDX-1100, there are plenty of potential donors out there (for the head only)
CDX-500,700,900 all have the same laser head :rolleyes:

yeah, to Dave's point, old CDPs are a PITA, but is not always the head that goes bad.
For example, the CDX-1100 has the Deaded Sony Glue DSG problem (all over the PSU)
I have two units and one is not working...I thought the laser was bad, but it is not..there must be something wrong with my compromised PSU...

No doubt all true. A CDX-1100U in original box just sold on ebay for $250. Truly the poor man's CDX-10000. I got my CDX-1120 in perfect condition sans remote for $250 off ebay two years ago. Value has gone up a little, a black CDX-1120 just sold for $400. Even so, this is still the best value for a dual transformer, 4x dac CDP. Compare these prices to the top Sony's, which IMO are no better.

Having heard them side by side, there is a slight difference. The 1120 has the edge in resolution over the 1100. It's not a big difference but in the high speed systems I prefer, objective accuracy is everything.

CDX-1100U, CDX-1110

I have the CDX-1100U. Is a beast! Probably heavier than your preamp. Same laser head as the CDX-10000
Would I need a DAC if I bought a CD Player? I was going to use the mp3 and flac files from my DAC as I do not have many CD's and I wonder if the sound is better with the CD route?

Back
Top Bottom