CD lense cleaner

Wireworm5

Audiophile
Got this cd lense cleaner today for about $7 bucks, from Princess Auto. I didn't expect to find audio stuff in a hardware store. Everything from wires to switches. I'll have to go back again when I have more cash. I think that this is a liquidation place too, they get the stuff cheap and sell it cheap.
Anyways I get the disk home and play it. It automatically cleans the lense for you in your dvd/cd player. And has some audio calibrations as well. The only thing wrong in my set up is from the listening position, left is on the right and right is on the left. I decided to leave it this way. Then I played the sweep test. It came through on my speakers perfectly smooth, from the lowest freq. to a real high pitched freq. that I was still able to hear when it quit. So I know my hearing is still good. and finally the distortion test, where any thing from static to interference can be heard through the speakers. Again perfect, absolutely quiet, no hum, nothing. Damn, I have good stereo/ht! :banana:

c-mon! it would drive me INSANE to sit and listen and know the L and R is backasswards! :sigh: just MHO, but is there any reason you cannot switch them?

I'm too lazy to take the time to change 8 sets of wires around. But I will get around to it eventually. Also My favorite album 'Made in Japan' I prefer the guitar coming from the right side. Even though I have the remastered version which is more balanced than the old one, Ritchie's guitar will come pedominately from the left if I switch em around. But on stage, he is standing on the right.

Maybe the reversed channels is why the disks are cheap. I saw Deep Purple
before and after Made In Japan and Richie was off to the right side, the second time at the Cow Palace considerably.

Carl

Back
Top Bottom