• Cd player because a dvd player with my audio system would just be wrong

Votes: 27 11.2%
  • I have both a cdp and dvd in my system

Votes: 72 29.9%

• Total voters

Tripqzon

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
This is pretty straightforward. I'm curious as to how many members have gotten away from dedicated cd players for dvd players as the primary cd source.

As for myself. I recently acquired a Pioneer Elite DV-47A dvd player and have to admit that I'm impressed with the sound this unit puts out. I currently use both a cdp and dvd but find I use the dvd more. I find the sound to be smoother.

Paul

If you like the sound of today's DVD DACs, then you will be bowled over by high end TOTL HT amps like the Yamaha Z9 which features an extremely sophisticated DAC with high processing power, also stuff from Denon and Marantz, give them an audition and tell us what you think of them.

I have to say CD Player because it just "goes". I mean, unless you have your system linked to your TV(which is a good reason), a DVD Player is just a waste of money and technology IMHO. :yes:

I use both in my system so I can listen to SACD recordings as the DVD player does DVD-A/SACD along with the usual CD/DVD. I mainly listen thru the CD player but, on occasion....

I selected both. I use a CD changer in my two channel system and two DVD players in my HT. The DVD changer is used just for audio. The best sound to my ear is using either DVD player with the DAC's in my Denon 3805. I'd prefer a multi format player in my two channel system to give me flexibility to listen to all varieties of discs including audio tracks from DVD concerts. :thmbsp:

I download sienfeld episodes and then turn them into mp3's.
THen I can listent to them in my car on long trips. It is really fun, cause you don't really need to watch them, they are super funny just listening to them:)
Anna:)

I download sienfeld episodes and then turn them into mp3's. THen I can listent to them in my car on long trips. It is really fun, cause you don't really need to watch them, they are super funny just listening to them:) Anna:)

That's a pretty good idea. :yes: Welcome to AK Anna.

I have to pick both cdp and dvd because of multiple systems. My dedicated music system uses just a cd player that I use for cd's and SACD's. The other systems use DVD players for a larger variety of media.

Well as usual for me I'm sort of in the have to be different or lower percentage group by preferring to use a DAC. I just like to get the two functions separated into two different black boxes. I know this is a strange opinion considering I also use an integrated amp in the same system because I want to keep it simple. :scratch2:

I have both a DVD and CDP - but I use my two channel system for "fake surround HT", too - 4 speakers. :D

I was just running DVD, than I found a Kyocera 710 CDP, kicked my cheapie DVD player's rear all over the room for audio playback. :smoke: I never thought an older player could top (even a cheap) modern DAC, but my ears now tell me otherwise.

I download sienfeld episodes and then turn them into mp3's.
THen I can listent to them in my car on long trips. It is really fun, cause you don't really need to watch them, they are super funny just listening to them:)
Anna:)
Welcome to AK Anna!

CD player alone is best...after all, it is my audio system, not the video system. I'm currently using a JVC cd player...its not that good.. I'll upgrade to a harmon kardon when I find one cheap locally!

SACD/CDP only in the main rig.

CDP (transport and external DAC) and a DVD in the living room/HT set-up. I've got a CAL transport and tube DAC for CD playback that will walk all over the cheap Sony DVD player I got to play videos.

I have a universal player in one system, and an almost-universal player in another, and just a regular old CD player in a third, but I hardly use that one.

I have both a CD player and DVD player in separate systems - CD player in my stereo, DVD player in my home theater (where it belongs, IMHO).

Martin

Back
Top Bottom