CD Player or Spaceship???

:yes: I have become a fan of "vintage" hi-end CDP's in recent years. Haven't scored one yet but I am close to at least one. That one IS nice but it seems a little to complex it the transport area. :thmbsp:

I have one

I have one of these and use it often. It sounds great and it's very heavy. All metal and no plastic, it's a tank.

Even if there's a diecast aluminium CDM-1 Philips mechanism in it, 250$ as a starting price is a bit steep for the CD-73 - plenty of them around.

The three LEDs in front of the drawer indicate if the laser is active, if the player is on standby and if the play mode is on pause ; the green LEDs to the right indicate the selected programmed tracks, the lower row indicate which track is currently playing or how many tracks are available on the cd. Or the other way around, I don't remember.

The CD logo at the far right is normally back-lit in blue!

Geez, I don't know if there is $7000 worth of sound-quality difference between my Magnavox CDP and that one...

$7k for THAT ?!?

They gotta be kiddin'.

What happens when it breaks ?
I was told that the CDM-4 transport is long gone.

"CD Player or Spaceship???" When I saw that head line I knew my CDP has made it to the AK.
I like my Marantz CD 73!
Someone gave it to me for free, and when I first auditioned it and made simple shout out with other (not high end) CD players it came out as a winner. I found the sound very "analogueish" and for the first time I found that my CDs got close to my vinyl records.

And you should see when the CD drawer comes out and its top flips up! That is worth a few cents.

My CD 73 has recently become uneven in the sound stage (left/right). I hope it's only a bad soldering/connection and is easily made. I really hate to let the CD 73 go.

Peter

Back
Top Bottom