CD price cuts

Hi Mike,

This made the news here too, with local Universal guy saying no price cut imminent. :rolleyes: Natural I guess that they will hold out as long as possible. Matter of time IMO, as what you said about over-priced and boring is what I say too! :) If they keep holding out on the price cuts here, it opens the door for parallel imports as 25% is quite a bit to work with. As long as the retailers haven't tied themselves all up.

Also I see in the future pay cuts for artistes. Whole industry needs a big overhaul.

Jack

michael

My guess is it will work somewhat but its still to little 15 years to late. :dunno:

According to a post at AA there's a large price to pay for lower wholesale prices.

Universal is demanding stores allocate 24% of their bin space and a set percentage of advertising space to Universal.

Independent retailers are not happy.

The Coalition of Independent Music Stores (CIMS) is currently negotiating with Universal.

And it doesn't look like NZ will be getting lower prices as NZ retail already approximates Universals new lowered pricing.

Frankly, I'd rather pay a bit more for a higher quality product than what we are currently receiving down here.

NZ/Oz made CD's are almost guaranteed to sound crap when compared with the European, US or Japanese pressed equivalent .

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/storydisplay.cfm?storyID=3522106&thesection=news&thesubsection=general

Back
Top Bottom