CD Recorder Recommendations

eric0108

But these go to 11
I'm somebody who has many albums and would like to record them to CD. I have older audio equipment circa mid 70's to mid 80's It seems the TEAC CD-RW 890MKII and the Tascom CD-RW 900MKII are the most commonly available now. I was wondering about older equipment and what used to be available. Any recommendations? Thank You

I use a professional Marantz CDR632 as it will allow me to copy a commercial CD as many times as I want though I never did. The instructions are easy to understand,but can be tricky at times. The sound on play back is a touch bright and edgy, but played back on a more advanced deck is just perfect. So there should be no fear. I use the analog input for 99% of my dubs because I use DBX processors to expand the dynamic range and reduce back ground noise and a SAE graphic Eq to touch up the spectral balance. I have added a dedicated phono pre-amp with digital outputs. I haven't dubbed any records since I replaced my C-29, but now that I have the MP-100 I will start the process soon using the digital out put to feed the Marantz.

Denon CDR-wr1500, used for years- its great.
Have not had any success with a few Philips units.

Get a professional unit which ignores SCMS, and which does not require Music CD-R. Tascam best of the lot, the least finicky though not as good as they used to be.

Also, Fostex is another great choice, if harder to find, they made a reliable solid recorder which worked well. And also ignored SCMS. On consumer recorders (Music CD-R needed) the Pioneers were very good, less finicky to operate than the Philips models.

Back
Top Bottom