CD Recorder

chewy

I want to buy a cd recorder. I'd prefer to have the play/record all in one unit. I've looked at the Sony RCD-w500c (5 play/1 record) - $300 and the Yamaha CDR-HD1500 ($800). The Yamaha actually records from a hard drive so there is only one cd drawer in the unit. Cost is not a mega factor, although I'd like to keep it under a grand. Anyone know about the above 2 I listed? Or any other recommendations? I'll probably do something this weekend! thanx for any help.:music:

Had some good recommendations for the Tascam CD-RW900. I bought one in June and use it frequently and it sounds great and hasn't missed a beat. I got it from a local Guitar Center for $500. It does have only one drawer but you can check out their other models.

the sony is picky on which discs you use. they most liekly have to be sony brand discs, thats what ive figured, i own one, and if you make a mistake you can't edit unless you have rewrite-able disc. anyone know where i can get some... and they have to be specifically music CDs.

I own and use the Sony daily. Don't record much with it any more, But CD playback is still excellent, After 4 years. Quite transport/Fast loading/Smooth switching drawer to drawer. This machine was $600 when new, Worth every penny.

Thanks, I think it's the Sony this morning, once I get myself showered and ready to go...I'll look at anything else they have in stock, but I'm pretty sure I'll be hooking up a Sony this afternoon!

Thanks, I think it's the Sony this morning, once I get myself showered and ready to go...I'll look at anything else they have in stock, but I'm pretty sure I'll be hooking up a Sony this afternoon!

Let us know what you think.:thmbsp:

Let us know what you think.:thmbsp:

Well, 5:30 P.M. (east coast), and the Sony has been hooked up!:thmbsp:The play function works fine and sounds nice! I need to do some manual reading and burn a disc (probably tomorrow A.M.) On a side note, I went to my local hi-fi store (Tweeter) and they didn't have anything in stock. On the shelf they had the Sony so I could look and touch, but they'd have to order me one. I then went to Best Buy, nothing in stock. Then went to Circuit City, after finally getting someone to talk to me, they sold me one brand new in the box on sale for $269. So that made me happy! After I do the appropriate reading and complete my first "burning", I'll post.

made My First CD today

and the Sony worked great! Kind of goofed around with a compilation type mixed bag just to see. Used a Maxell CD-R cd and it worked fine. Played the CD back in 3 places to ensure it worked ok! It's a cool machine, and I'm glad I bought it! thanks for the info.:thmbsp:

and the Sony worked great! Kind of goofed around with a compilation type mixed bag just to see. Used a Maxell CD-R cd and it worked fine. Played the CD back in 3 places to ensure it worked ok! It's a cool machine, and I'm glad I bought it! thanks for the info.:thmbsp:

Glad it worked out for you. Thats a great source player for under $300, Even if it was just used for playback.

Back
Top Bottom