CD Reissues ad-nauseum

gonzothegreat

I now have more copies of Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon than any rational person should.

I have my original Capitol release from when I bought my first CD player (1985), the Mobile Fidelity gold Ultradisc., the 25th Aniversary reissue on Capitol and I just grabbed the 30th Aniversary reissue CD/SACD

If you include my LPs, tack on another two or three.

Jeez, when will it end?

Any other nominations for the "Most reissued album"?

Anything by the Beatles has been Reissued more times then I am old ! :puke:

I had a different remaster/reissue experience today. I recently picked up a remaster of Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble Texas Flood, which I think was SRV's 1st album (which I have). I listend to it today and it is fantastic. This one was money well spent because it comes with 5 previously unreleased songs:

SRV Speaks
Tin Pan Alley (aka Roughest Place in Town)
Testify (Live)
Mary Had A Little Lamb (Live)
Wham! (Live)

That makes it worth purchasing to me.

Same thing with The Allman Bros. The Road Goes On Forever (Remaster). I think it had something like 13 additional songs over the original.

That's what I look for in remasters. I've bought too many that just weren't sonically better, nor which had any bonus songs. Several Jethro Tull albums come to mind.

To answer your original question, J. Tull may be one of the most reissued bands in history.

JD

Gonzo....Don't want to add to your DSOTM neurosis, but there is also a Toshiba version available on CD in a mini-Lp gatefold sleeve with the original poster, stickers and actual Lp labels!
Bought mine several years ago, but I think they are still available. :D (Got mine and "The Wall" @ Red Trumpet.)

Many years ago I worked for the company that was contracted to print the posters for Floyds DSOTM. I bet I still have a sheet ( 4 posters per sheet ) somewhere.

I loved when you got goodies in your LP's. What the hell can they fit in a CD case........Oh yeah a .6 cents piece of plastic an if your lucky a post card :p:

K I'm done now.

Back
Top Bottom