Ceiling clouds question

patate91

I'm thinking about build ans install ceiling clouds.

I have 4 comfort board left.

Should I do 4 panels or 2 panels with two boards depth. With 4 panels the ceiling will be cover at ~ 60% and with 2 panels only the reflexion points will be cover.

The room is small ans there is panels behind speakers and on reflexion points on both sides.

I'd do 2 panels at the first reflection points IF you have carpet or rugs on the floor, and 4 panels if you have a hard surface floor.

Over the concrete floor there is foam mats (the kids stuff that looks like giant puzzle) and a shag carpet to hide everything.

Last edited:
I have to ask, what do the panels behind the speakers do? My Dad had 2 SDA SRS's back in the day but I never found out the reason for the panels behind them. It was a large rec room...thanks.

If I remember it's also related to reflexion points.

When I did my room I checked a lot of forums and web site. So I did what other people are doing.

If I'm lucky at the end of june I'll have someone to measure my room with a microphone.

I have to ask, what do the panels behind the speakers do? My Dad had 2 SDA SRS's back in the day but I never found out the reason for the panels behind them. It was a large rec room...thanks.

I did a lot of measurements the last couples of days and it appears, in my room, that the rear panels are helping to smooth the frequency response. For the left speakers the panel is helping a lot but not so with the right.
It all depend on the room configuration and reflexions

Whisperwave Ceiling Clouds....:thumbsup:
amazement_square_whisperwave_clouds_03.jpg

https://acousticalsolutions.com/product/whisperwave-ceiling-cloud/

whisperwave-ceiling-cloud-2x4-hpc-premium-mustard-yellow.jpg

,Mike.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom