Ceiling fan wiring help

meggy

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Hey

In setting up this ceiling fan, I've got a black (hot, I assume), Blue and white. The black wire is not connected on the motor side.

The only black wire I see on the motor side I see is inside the one of the crimps (black & blue). Can I safely assume it pulled out of there and put it back? The crimp doesn't seem loose or anything. IMG_6535.JPG

I'd expect the blue to go to the light switch and the black to go to the motor speed switch. If you've got a wire from the motor speed switch going to a crimp with no second wire in it, thats probably where it goes.

It's the weirdest thing. The bare black with stripped portion other end leads up to the source to connect in the ceiling.

The blue-black crimped with the black textured casing makes sense that the blue is the light. The black textured casing leads right down into the fan motor.

And there's no obvious place where the stripped black came loose. Driving me nuts. Not sure if combining the stripped direct hot black to the black/blue is really the way to go...

I know that it's pretty hard to tell what's up with just these pics so thanks for the help. I'll try to contact the manufacturer on Monday, see if they can shed any light. No motor schematics or wiring layouts on line.

IMG_6536.JPG

Back
Top Bottom