celestion ditton 44 Series II thoughts?

GlenGC

(series II not mk II, sorry i don't know how to edit titles)
i bought a pair of these today.. very promising looking speakers, that i only had the chance to listen outdoors before i bought them

they did sound lovely and very interesting.. brought home had a brief listen, and i am truly impressed..
didn't have much chance to do a proper long term listen and comparison yet, but i am curious as what you guys think and what speakers you'd hold these equal or compare to in your experience, i take it they're not that common in USA

thoughts?

Cheers
Glen

Are these the 8" 3-ways with the 10" rear passive radiator? If so, I have a pair of these but I haven't heard them in about 5 years. They are in great shape except for needing some grill work; which will be interesting. Post some pictures of yours and I'll see if I can find the thread where I talked about mine.

Last edited:

yes that model, came across that while googling yesterday, glad you're still around :)
my grills are in pretty good nick minus the upper left and right areas where they cut the mdf to have thin frames that broke, i should be able to glue some wood there
i will post some good pictures before i start working on them including the inside and drivers, there aren't many proper pics of these on internet...

Back
Top Bottom