1. Time for some upgrades in server hardware and software to enhance security and take AK to the next level. Please contribute what you can to sales@audiokarma.org at PayPal.com - Thanks from the AK Team
    Dismiss Notice

cell music to reciever-

Discussion in 'General Audio Discussion' started by jami w., May 16, 2018.

1. jami w.

jami w. just being me thats all

guys as i've stated im going very SIMPLE here.
    my cell phone+harmon kardon bluetooth+stereo= simple easy and thats all. people seem to pass over that or ignore it.

Please register to disable this ad.

2. jami w.

again as i stated im going with harmon kardon bluetooth its all ready been ordered.

3. MannyE

MannyE Exterminate! Subscriber

Well, good luck with it. I'm sure it will work out fine.

reydelaplaya likes this.
  4. reydelaplaya

reydelaplaya AK Subscriber Subscriber

Yeah, we see you’ve already decided, but as we usually do here, for posterity’s sake (and the sake of talking audio equipment) we'll still toss in other options and ideas in case someone else finds your thread later. What may not have been the best solution for you might be the perfect one for another reader.

Hope your HK Bluetooth arrives quickly and does exactly what you intend it to. Be sure to update your thread with your opinion of it once you’ve got it set up.

cpt_paranoia, GChief, red 111 and 5 others like this.
  5. Erik Tracy

Erik Tracy Super Member

Interesting.

I tried rebooting my laptop while casting to my CCA and it disconnected.

I tried rebooting my android phone while casting, and it too, disconnected.

CCA F/W version 1.30.111140
    Android iOS 5.0.2
    Laptop Win7

I thought that casting only works as long as the controlling device is 'pointing' to the source to cast.

Maybe this works different for the video Chromecast?

6. DaveVoorhis

DaveVoorhis Super Member

I don't think so, but if you've safely closed the controller (including shutting down under use control), it might deliberately signal the ChromeCast to stop playing. I've had phone, laptop, and tablet crash heavily (they and the ChromeCasts -- both audio and video -- get heavy use; often with me doing software development in the foreground, which is a good way to inadvertently bring things down in a hurry) whilst in use and notionally controlling the ChromeCast in the background, and the ChromeCast merrily kept playing until I could resume normal operations and take control over it again.

Having said that, I haven't had the controller crash lately, so maybe there have been software/firmware updates that better couple the controller to the ChromeCast.

Though having said that, Nikki had her phone lose control over a CCA last night. The Google Play Music app crashed, but the phone was still live and the CCA was still playing. She couldn't take back control of the CCA, but I could and did from my phone. Then she was able to relaunch the Google Play Music app and use it again.

WillVT likes this.

7. Erik Tracy

Erik Tracy Super Member

I didn't do a safe close of the controller - did a hard reboot.

Maybe it has to do with the specific f/w, iOS, and OS?

8. DaveVoorhis

DaveVoorhis Super Member

Very likely. I'll have to do some experiments when I get a moment. If it shuts down the CCV/CCA when the controller goes down, that would be good, given it was annoying when it kept trundling on before.

9. Erik Tracy

Erik Tracy Super Member

I'd *like* my CCA to keep on chugging, esp when my laptop starts acting up - but I guess I'm 'special'. :no:

Oh well, apologies for the thread derailment....carry on....:p

10. WillVT

WillVT Super Member

I may be behind the times, but does bluetooth audio really sound ok? From what I can tell, it seems there are a lot of issues regarding compression, multiple recoding, caused by compatibility issues and different bluetooth protocols in different devices. Here is an article I just read about it.
    Bluetooth was never designed for high quality audio. I am more that happy to be wrong about these shortcomings. I do use a bluetooth adapter in my car, but haven't been convinced to use one at home.
    I love the Chromecast Audio, and think it is a real game changer in terms of bringing older audio gear into the modern era. It really hits the sweet spot between quality, convenience, and cost.

imral3 likes this.
  11. corbin

corbin Active Member

I'd go Topping or SMSL Bluetooth DAC.

Chinese are putting out some very high quality, high value DACs right now.

12. imral3

imral3 Super Member

I am very surprised to hear all the suggestions to use bluetooth!?!:dunno:

13. ZR9B

ZR9B AK Subscriber Subscriber

Sorry if I missed it...but was there a link to the Harman Karmin blue tooth?? Thanks

14. MannyE

The guy is listening to streaming audio from his phone and wants convenience. Critical listening isn't the goal here.

imral3 and John James like this.
  15. MannyE

16. imral3

imral3 Super Member

Hey, @jami w. I know you already have the issue resolved with the HK bluetooth device. But, I'm curious... what is the source of the music to which you will be listening? Music actually stored on your phone or from a music streaming service (i.e., Spotify, Tidal, etc.). I don't recall seeing that specified in the conversation. Sorry if I missed it.

17. jami w.

youtube music server i have over 300 albums in it. NOT the youtube to watch vids though.

imral3 likes this.
  18. imral3

imral3 Super Member

I'm not familiar with that. And a quick google search yeilded no real results. Are these albums you've uploaded to the server?

19. jami w.

youtube music its in google play
    Screenshot_20180517-134121.png

20. DaveVoorhis

DaveVoorhis Super Member

I use Google Play with my Chromecasts. Works well, sounds good.