Celt's modest system

Well, in my never ending quest to KISS (keep it simple, stupid), I pulled the Goldpoint passive box out and replaced it with a nice little 3 way switch-box that I got from MCM. The Dayton power amp has its own level control, so I'm using it to control the gain.

index.php

index.php

Attachments

• DSCN0233.jpg
    DSCN0233.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 421
  • DSCN0273.jpg
    DSCN0273.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 1,709
Nice looking setup, Dan. It can't get much simpler and still have multiple sources!

Thanks, Rich. I also wanted to mention that MCM has the switch boxes in 3, 4 and 5 input configurations. They are well made and IMHO, a bargain.

I admire your adherence to the KISS principle, Celt. Wish I had that level of intestinal fortitude.

Welp, time to give this old thread an update. The Technics tables are out and I got an old friend, a Dual CS-506 manual belt-drive table to take its place. The house went thru a remodel in the interim too. :)

index.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• DSCN0274.jpg
    DSCN0274.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 324
Last edited:
Welp, time to give this old thread an update. The Technics tables are out and I got an old friend, a Dual CS-506 manual belt-drive table to take its place. The house went thru a remodel in the interim too. :)

Cool, Dan. So what do you feel are the differences between your old table and the new one.

The old table had rock stable speed and was able to track anything I threw at it, but was a bit sensitive to footfalls. Getting the speed "nose-on" is a bit tweakier on this one, but once you get it dialed in, you're golden. The ULM arm also seems to be able to track any insanely warped record without any audible artifacts. It's also more immune to footfalls.
Me like! Just as I did 30+ years ago when I owned one just like it.

Last edited:
Really nice, well thought out system, even more impressive being driven by the monoblocks. Sounds great and easily upgradable with one component or another if you decide to do so. Components look to be well balanced against each other:thmbsp::thmbsp:

I'll bet it sounds just as good as it looks.
I do like the black speaker grills.

Beautiful furniture, the flooring, the simple yet well sounding system. Its just a balanced universe giving pleasure to look at and I am certain to listen to.

I also like the Cerwin-Vega! looking tweeters. Grills off. :p

It doesn't look like much, but it sounds really good! :)
Looks like much to me!
You obviously took some time assembling that nice selection of gear. I'm sure it sounds divine.
Though I miss your sl1200 in wood base.

Last edited:
Looks great to me...before and after! Classy and unique!!

I have an NAD 565 CD player myself. Hope it doesn't "go wonky" on me! Mine, at the start of some discs, makes a tft..tft..tft..tft sound, like something is hitting as the disc spins. Did yours do that? I think mine may still be in warranty, so I may have to send it somewhere.

Class act as per the norm Dan. Glad you found a nice CDP. I know a guy at the shop near me whose honest enough to tell me what is and isn't worth the money and Teac is on the favorable side of the list.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

Very nice, Dan. Those TEAC decks are great sounding. Sorry about the NAD I know that was a fabulous sounding deck as well.

Back
Top Bottom