Center channel cunnundrum,Klipsch KSB 3.1 or SB 3

ccawker

So,i am using a KSC c1 center right now but since i put my Hereseys as the fronts on my surround system,it seem to get drowned out.Now i can go back to settings on receiver and fix this,i prefer a little better center that would compliment the Hereseys.Was thinking of a KG 2 but no room for that or any larger type speaker.I have a pair of KSB 3.1 speakers(NOT THE SOUNDBAR) and a pair of SB3s.Can i do anything with these and will 1(or 2) of these sound better?And can i hook 2 of these up in a series?I built a frame behind my 73" tv to hold the center up above.100_0754.JPG

I would think from what you already have, the KSB 3.1s would sound better with Heresy fronts than the SB3s but any of those you have will not mate up well enough with Heresys...if you can't have a 3rd Heresy for a Center perhaps you can find an Academy or KLF-C7...the Academy was made to get closest to the Klipsch Heritage sound and be a Center but having owned both the Academy and KLF-C7 with Heresy 1s, I thought the KLF-C7 sounded better than the Academy...

Good luck with your choice,

Bill

I use a pair of Klipsch SB-3s in a two-channel I have set up in my living room. I have always been impressed by the horns on those.
If you can equalized the high-end on the SB-3s to match the higher sensitivity of the Heresys it might work.

you could possibly run a phantom center as well...but you might lose your surround sound unless your receiver will do some kind of compensation for that...

Bill

Don't suppose you've tried moving the center up from the screen some and angling it down towards your ears in the primary listening position? I'd also consider experimenting with trying to put all the speakers on the same plane relative to the drivers distance. That would probably involve doing some toe adjustments on the main channels. Can't tell from the pic, but are the mains proud of the flat screen so they can develop a decent center stage on their own? Lots of folk try turning up a center too high - perfect setting is so you don't really hear it - until you turn it off and you lose music, especially vocals that tend to dominate center stage.

Don't suppose you've tried moving the center up from the screen some and angling it down towards your ears in the primary listening position? I'd also consider experimenting with trying to put all the speakers on the same plane relative to the drivers distance. That would probably involve doing some toe adjustments on the main channels. Can't tell from the pic, but are the mains proud of the flat screen so they can develop a decent center stage on their own? Lots of folk try turning up a center too high - perfect setting is so you don't really hear it - until you turn it off and you lose music, especially vocals that tend to dominate center stage.
you are correct,the center is too high so i might have to take my smaller audio system you see in the pic, out,and put the center down there.

you are correct,the center is too high so i might have to take my smaller audio system you see in the pic, out,and put the center down there.
that would also take the Polk Monitor 7s from being just a Hersey "stand" and putting them on the floor with risers i suppose.

Back
Top Bottom