Cerwin-Vega 15T

Thumpy

Do you know anything about this model? I found one in a thrift. It appears to have a large down-firing woofer, a rear-firing horn, and two small driver in a very large cabinet. I didn't find anything about it online.

Thanks!

Orion lists them as from 1976-77, $1200 a pair.
I would assume the woofer is a 15-incher.
You spotted just one?

Yes, just one, dammit. I didn't even check the price. Had there been a pair, well... :scratch2:

These are pretty rare they come up from time to time, I remember and old member from AU scored a pair and had the woofers rebuilt by CV.

I just found a pair 2 hrs away and picked them up. In beautiful condition, local shop putting new caps in and surrounds. The guy didn't know they were 15T set with back fireing horn. Great score! Be like new since I do exotic wood work and am refinishing them myself. At 110 lbs each I don't want to move them again. LoL. Guys were wondering what they are worth, don't think I'd sell mine for 1,500. Can't find them anymore, 12Ts come up, usually beat to hell. Good luck finding your set. RPG

Look great mate. I have a a pair that I'm doing up this year . Mine need repairs how do yours sound complete? Did u have to do much in the way driver repairs or replacement . There is a group on Facebook called old school cerwin-vega fans. Lots of love and good info there .

Hey, I lucked out, everything was there. Refoamed the 15s had a tech buddy put new fuse holders In the crossovers and as I'm a pro woodworker did all the cabinet work myself. Turned them on and my son said, Sounds like the band is In the room. That's the idea. Good luck with yours and let me know if I can help. No expert but always willing to help where I can.

Back
Top Bottom