cerwin vega A-2200 power amp

nickword

hey everyone i just got a cerwin vega A-2200 power amp. and this thing is hugeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. it says 900 watt input in the back.

i can't find no information on that model on google.
i called the cerwin vega technical service department
and these are the specs they gave me for it.

SPECS. A-2200I AMP

POWER OUTPUT 200 Watts rms per ch/8 ohms
375 Watts rms per ch/ 4 ohms
THD 0.15% or less
HUM & NOISE 100dB
INPUT IMP. 10K ohms nominal
POWER REQ. 120/240 VAC 50-60Hz, 900 watt at rated power
DIMENSIONS 19Wx8Hx11.5D
WEIGHT 35 lbs

But my amp dont say A-2200i. it says A-2200. i dont know how to use this thing it dont have no volume knobs or nothing in the front just 1 little switch,

i think this might be a profeshinal power amp for studio equipment.
it says sen surround on the amp. and in the back it has 1 rca plugin for each channel. like 1 red plug in on the right side and 1 white plug in on the left side.

its really big and heavy it has holes in the front of the amp so it can be screwd into something.

i really want to use this thing can some 1 please help me how do i use this. thank you all very much for your time and have a grate day. : )

Part of a theatre system package from the sound of it, probably sold with their "earthquake" sub system.

To begin with you'll need a pre-amp to drive it and source of course, tuner, turntable, CD etc, name your own poison.

Speakers of course but watch yourself, CW ampsare a bit nasty when over driven, you'll take out tweeters easily.

Personally I'd suggest selling it and investing the money in a good receiver, make a good monitor amp for a band or maybe a small sub amp for a DJ.

hey thanks kretinus for your opinion it means a lot really.

well haha hears my system so far im 19 yrs old work at a local pet shop bin into audio since 6th grade when i was 11 and my brother joey who was 19 got a pair of 10 pionner imps. that was 8 years ago sooo.

bin looking on the internet about cerwin vegas i was a big subwoofer fan back in the day and would take any kind thats powerful. but now of days its all about quality so yah cerwin vegas cought my attention about 9 mounths ago when my friend davids dad showed me his AT 15's which i bought of him last week for 200 heheheh : ).

but my first cerwin vega was a d5 which i still got in perfect condition in a custom PA 12 box hehe.hits real hard.

and my a system is a onkyo preamp power amp 2 piece system with a sherwoof equalizer.

ughhhh lets see hear we go this what i got.

onkyo pre amplifier p-3160. http://www.randallareed.com/Nov 2405 Pix/Onkyo_Preamp_01.JPG

onkyo power amp. M-5160. http://www.randallareed.com/Nov 2405 Pix/Onkyo_100wpc_01.JPG

sherwood equalizer.EQ46OB. cant find no pic or info on real old with red lights.

yah thats my system i only wanna get the d series and AT series of cerwin vega speakers. since i read up that thos are the best cerwin vega maid before they sold there original company to some one else and there new speakers are crummy.

For my hize i use 2 sony book shelf speakers i got a while ago i got of ebay they sound pretty good there 150 watt each. but i plan on getting them replaced with these cerwin vega speakers wich are these.

http://shopcerwinvega.com/detail/CER+VE-5M/VE-5M

and i also want to add'd this cerwin vega center speaker hehe.
http://shopcerwinvega.com/detail/CER+VE-5C/VE-5C

so yah thats what i got right now....

thennnnnnn i just came across this huge cerwin vega amp my friend duke found it idk where ima ask him again i forgot but it was by his collage.

he just like gave it to me saying he dont know how to use it it turns on has fuzes in the back i gotta find my cam cord so i can upload the pics to this monster.

i want to use this really i really do badly. but idk if its a profeshinal studio power amp or a home power amp like my onkyo M-5160.

once i uploAD PICS YOU PEEPS CAN TELL ME WHAT KIND OF PREAMP I CAN GET FOR IT AND IL SAVE UP and get it. i make 150 a weak so i can save hehehehe.:)

so yah thats my plans and my system thank you all very much for your time and have a grate day : )

Last edited:
I have a pair of CV D-5e's and enjoy them quite a bit. I'm with you, the Vegas appealed to me because I like power, I think it has something to do with our age (I'm 20) or just because I'm a huge metal fan. Plus they are pretty budget friendly for a mid level speaker with a lot of kick. Those AT 15's are nice, personally I would love to get my hands on some D-9's :)

I'm not familiar with the CV amp though, I would have to agree with kretinus, I would sell that bad boy for a receiver but thats just my humble opinion. If you like the idea of the separates (which you already seem to) by all means go for it and see how it turns out. Oh and of course let us know :thmbsp:

Welcome to AK!

Back
Top Bottom