Cerwin-Vega awesome

Autobot

More than meets the eye
45150417hVE.jpg
45150418Fkm.jpg
45150419AzP.jpg

you got enough power to rock the house, these are great if you listen to loud music
Loud yes but Can purr like a kitten and if need be roar like a lion.
Excellent balance tubes and vinyl with ample power will give you goose bumps

you have it good brotha, these Emotiva ams are killers, they will do perfectly the job to pump these speakers

I hope you have good neighbors :D

WOW!:beerchug:
Beautiful system you have. Hope you got shatter proof windows!

P1010041.jpg
you have it good brotha, these Emotiva ams are killers, they will do perfectly the job to pump these speakers

I hope you have good neighbors :D

Man are the Emo's heavy, really need two people to place them on the stand (which I did).
Had a hard time finding a stand that could be stacked and support that kind of weight...well at least one that was affordable, but VTI had them which is the same brand my audiorack.
The guys over at http://www.cerwin-vega-fans.com/forums/ who are very knowledgable on all things Cerwin-Vega stated that the XLS-215 specs state 6 ohm but actually tested at 4 ohm which brings the Emo's to 1,750 watts.
Although the CV's are rated at 500 watts max have not yet blown the fuse and don't think I will because with the meters at just a tick or 2 over 1/2 way is insanely and plenty loud.
The nice thing about the XLS-215's is they are relatively efficient at 95.3 dB but still need a fairly beefy amp that is stable at 4 ohm.
My previous setup I had some pro speakers (see thumbnail) that I rebuilt myself and a pro amp , and were just that, loud!
Grew tired of the harshness and lack of detail at lower volumes (as I age lol) so began looking for speakers that could handle the kind of power I had and still be nice sounding at lower volume levels and all the while still play any kind of music genre from blues, rock, jazz and especially classical and it must be a speaker that did not cost more than my car!
The XLS-215's are also amazing with movies and the quad XLS-12s subs really add that dynamic impact to explosions...oh yeah I loves me some explosions.
I originally had them sitting directly on the carpet, but had a couple pieces of marble slab that turned out to be the perfect length and width to set the speakers on I must say that really made an overall improvement to the bottom end.

Neighbours really are not a problem I live in a rural area outside the city limits so the houses are not that close to each other and the other good thing there is no noise ordinance in the county

Attachments

• Macro-Tech 12000i.jpg
    Macro-Tech 12000i.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
Although I am very satisfied with my D15EEs, if I had the money to blow and the space, I would love to try the XLS215s.
Funny, I have a set of D9's and awhile back I had to do a refoam on one of them. I have a phobia about them not playing correctly so I went on the bay and bought a backup 15 just in case. Well it was a pull out of a XLS215, and so I had to give it a trial run. The original woofers are good in the D9, but man does that one sound good, so of course the only thing to do was buy another to match it. I'm running XLS15 woofs in my D9's now and they are better than ever. Really good 15's.

And any body that thinks CV's only sound good on Loud Rock never had Cerwin Vegas.

An MT12000 powering the subs . . . lol - that's crazy! Now put all four of the subs as closely together as possible in a 2x2 cube and you'll be amazed at how much more output you'll have. Not that you need it . . . but coupling the four subs together will not be subtle.

I've heard lots of CV speakers. The CLS series are the only ones that I like. All you CV lovers who haven't heard the CLS models, be aware, they don't sound like other CV's.

Thank you Brian,
Vinyl + Tubes + The Emo's really complement the CV's, even at very low volume levels there still produce a startling level of detail.

An MT12000 powering the subs . . . lol - that's crazy! Now put all four of the subs as closely together as possible in a 2x2 cube and you'll be amazed at how much more output you'll have. Not that you need it . . . but coupling the four subs together will not be subtle.
The Crown amp was actually used to power the front mains and 2 subs were the Dayton Audio T1504A 15" 1000 Watt Titanic Mk 4 Subwoofer System.
I bet it would put out a lot when stacked as a 2x2 cube, but really would not have a place to set them up like that and really as they are set up now are pretty beefy. Watched San Andreas they shook the whole house.

Funny, I have a set of D9's and awhile back I had to do a refoam on one of them. I have a phobia about them not playing correctly so I went on the bay and bought a backup 15 just in case. Well it was a pull out of a XLS215, and so I had to give it a trial run. The original woofers are good in the D9, but man does that one sound good, so of course the only thing to do was buy another to match it. I'm running XLS15 woofs in my D9's now and they are better than ever. Really good 15's.

And any body that thinks CV's only sound good on Loud Rock never had Cerwin Vegas.

So true they can play loud but that's not all that they are good for.

Hey Brandon I thought I might find you here. Looking forward to jamming the new equipment, CV speakers and the Viecent tube pre/amp and phono stage.. The last time I was over you had those custom made speakers that were almost 6 feet tall, did you sell them?

Back
Top Bottom