Cerwin Vega CMX 212

Scottsmrnyc

Scottsmrnyc
Does anyone have any information about these Speakers? How do they sound? Has anyone reviewed them? Any Information at all? Scottsmrnyc

I found this:

MSRP- $1,999.50/Each, meaning ONE speaker, yikes! :yikes:

)300W RMS power handling, 800W amplifier power
)Dual 12" Magnum subwoofers, dual 8" Magnum woofers, dual 6.5" Accent midranges
)One-inch high-resolution soft-dome tweeter.
)Frequency response: 30Hz-20kHz, sensitivity 93 dB
)5-way binding post connectors for rock-solid connections to minimize signal loss.

This just may be your ultimate home theater and audio system listening experience. Dual 12-inch powered Magnum subwoofers, dual eight-inch Magnum woofers, dual six and a half-inch midrange drivers and a one-inch high-resolution soft-dome tweeter combine to form an amazing sounding four-way speaker. Hear and feel the incredible big bass and clarity Cerwin-Vega has become known for over the years. Your movies and music will offer dimensions and depth of sound you never dreamed possible. After all, Cerwin-Vega is known as "The LOUD Speaker Company".
CerwinVegaCMX-212.jpg

Last edited:
I just took possession of two of the four CMX 212s I ordered from The Cerwin Vega Store in Connecticut. I have them out of their boxes and up and running. Currently, they are running as my rear speaker pair hooked up individually to another two McIntosh MC 1.2ks. Additionally, I have two Cerwin Vega D9s running as my front left and two more D9s running as my front rights. I have the two Front Left D9s biwired from my McIntosh MC 1.2kws and two more Front Right D9s birwired into another McIntosh MC 1.2kws. I was told by the Cerwin Vega Customer Service that the CMX 212s would sound different that the Cerwin Vega D9s and they were certainly correct about that. The Cerwin Vega CMX 212s come with two powered woofers per speaker. So far, I have not figured out how to get the powered woofers running. I will report on my listening experiences in a couple of weeks as I wait for the final pair of CMX 212s to arrive. Initially speaking, I am pleased with the sound of the CMX 212s. Scottsmrnyc

They are certainly not old school as they have electrically powered subwoofers. The speakers come with an electrical outlet plug which boosts the two subwoofers in each cabinet. Scottsmrnyc

Back
Top Bottom