Cerwin Vega Who Likes Them Whos Hates Them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brilliant!

I had a great audio experience today. With both neighbors to the sides gone, I closed up the house and cranked up some Rush. "The Analog Kid".

I sat back and closed my eyes. Before I knew it, the speakers, along with the room - disappeared. Even though the recording isn't live, I could picture the stage in front of me, like being 8 or 10 rows back, dead center. Behind this stage lay a silent darkness. Behind me - nothing. It was like I was in space, listening to some invisible sound system, which was engulfing and moving. The soundstage entended far beyond my closed-eyed perception of the walls of my room. Everything was seemingly placed with the firm intention of making me smile. I could get used to this! :yes:

I had a great audio experience today. With both neighbors to the sides gone, I closed up the house and cranked up some Rush. "The Analog Kid".

I sat back and closed my eyes. Before I knew it, the speakers, along with the room - disappeared. Even though the recording isn't live, I could picture the stage in front of me, like being 8 or 10 rows back, dead center. Behind this stage lay a silent darkness. Behind me - nothing. It was like I was in space, listening to some invisible sound system, which was engulfing and moving. The soundstage entended far beyond my closed-eyed perception of the walls of my room. Everything was seemingly placed with the firm intention of making me smile. I could get used to this! :yes:

Its an awesome feeling eh? lol:thmbsp:

I to myself had a good audio experience I herd my first pair of CV 15's and WHOA! When I was in high school I went to a vocational school for my jr and sr year for info tech and and my sr yr I met all the new jr info tech kids but never really got to know them one of them sent me a msg on Myspace *yes I use it but more for people to contact me besides that I am never on* and he has a very nice pair of the 15" Re's and for rears he had a pair of Re 8's it sounded fairly good he asked me if he should get A amp for just his 15"s I said if your happy the way it sounds now then you don't need an amp they are not being powered to there max but thats the great thing about Cerwin Vega even at half the power they still give a mind blowing experience and the bass OMG! we had it cranked and some guy driving by in a mini van looked at his house like ?!?!?WTF is going on in there I do think they would sound much better in a bigger room all of this is in a room thats about 10x10 with 2 windows we opened one of the windows half way cranked it up a little more and his we could see glass shaking on other peoples houses I an only imagine what all your CV'S could do :p

on another note I just went back and looked this thread has been going for about 1week and 6 months wow! ty everybody

The Strokers do all the ground movements here; the mains do all the singing. :yes:

Is your setup located in a basement? Mine is and it sounds a bit better (IMO of course) then upstairs. The 12"s really get everything moving even on cement:banana: :music: And I can have it as loud as I want and it dosent bug the neighbors (that much:D) But it shakes the floor upstairs like crazy!

Ground movement

vegabass25 said:
Is your setup located in a basement? Mine is and it sounds a bit better (IMO of course) then upstairs. The 12"s really get everything moving even on cement:banana: :music: And I can have it as loud as I want and it dosent bug the neighbors (that much:D) But it shakes the floor upstairs like crazy!

Not in a basement. In fact, I'm not even on a concrete slab. Carpeted wood floors. About 18" above the ground. I wish I were on concrete sometimes. The ground wouldn't move around so much, and the sound would be stronger. Seems like the sound would be more intense, but it's not. :no:

The Strokers do all the ground movements here; the mains do all the singing. :yes:

Ah ic I have a picture of my sister new cat laying on a pillow guarding my new CV Re-6c center

DSCI0959.jpg

DSCI0954.jpg

Not in a basement. In fact, I'm not even on a concrete slab. Carpeted wood floors. About 18" above the ground. I wish I were on concrete sometimes. The ground wouldn't move around so much, and the sound would be stronger. Seems like the sound would be more intense, but it's not. :no:

and I wish I had a basement it would be great for my bed room :p nice and cold all year round

Pretty speaker - even prettier cat. :thmbsp:

She just got her last week her name is Isabella and man she is a feisty little thing as for that center speaker its much better then I was thinking it would be I just wish it had a mid range then again quite a few centers don't have a mid but this one is still much better then I thought as for the cat she was a stray that my sister works at a store called discount drugmart and her manager found the cat at his door step half frozen to death and he knew my sister already had 2 cats so why not another my favorite is still her first cat an his name is baby yea I know bad name for a boy cat but she thought he was a chick when she got him I like him because he is really laid back and if you make him mad he will let you know :p: and her second cat Electra is just a pain in my bum

as i promised here is a few pics from the new apartment..

bl208.jpg

the view from my listening position :p

bl210.jpg

the right speaker

bl211.jpg

the left speaker

bl212.jpg

the center speaker

CIMG0113.jpg

my surround amp and cat :p

CIMG0107.jpg

the left nad c270

CIMG0115.jpg

the right nad c270

CIMG0114.jpg

more pics when i finish unpacking

as i promised here is a few pics from the new apartment..

So about that computer you got there whats it running?

Iv got...

CPU:Amd Ath X2 3600+ Oc'd to 2.45ghz w\ my Zalman cnps 9500 nvidia editon

Ram:4x512MB ddr2 800 Adata

Gpu:XFX Nvidia 8600GT 256MB

Hdd:250GB Sata Seagate and 320GB Sata Western digital

Mobo:Asus M2N Sli Deluxe Socket AM2

Psu:580Watt Raidmax

CD:Lg Super Multi every thing under the sun but HD dvd an Bluray

it serves me well and I have yet to encounter any of the "Normal" problems with vista as every one goes on about

My motto you give an operating system something poor to run off of its going to preform poorly

I'll try to be politically correct and say C-V's are what you buy when you don't know any better. I suppose if ground pounding bottom end with little in the way of nuance is what floats your boat then they are a great choice. Inexpensive, efficient and pretty much bullet proof. They do what they indicate. Nothing more nothing less.

Mike

What are you? Ten years old?

Now THERE'S a statement that covers everything. People who buy (or Heaven forbid, like) Cerwin Vega speakers don't know any better.

Nice going, Einstein. Great statement of prejudice. Making a statement without information. You don't know what other people know. You certainly don't know what their systems sound like. You're the one who doesn't know any better, because you don't know us. :no:

http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?p=2392662#post2392662 I posted this the other day. It was awesome. The clarity, the realism and the detail were absolutely euphoric. But you can't wrap your head around that, simply because you want to believe that all Cerwin Vegas are low-end "Big-Box-Bangers". I've got news for you - what I have here would blow your little mind, if it's gorgeous sound you like. Probably make you rethink your perspective... well, maybe not. People like you that are so bent against something hardly ever admit when they're wrong. Must save face! :yes:

I've listened to all kinds of systems, with every kind of amp and a huge spectrum of speakers. From "High End" to White Van - still, I get these results from my system. Can you say the same? If so, good for you. Music is to be enjoyed. If not - don't be so transparently jealous! :nono:

Thanks for posting such a fat meatball to kick around! :yes:

I've listened to all kinds of systems, with every kind of amp and a huge spectrum of speakers. From "High End" to White Van - still, I get these results from my system. Can you say the same? If so, good for you. Music is to be enjoyed. If not - don't be so transparently jealous! :nono:

I'm not sure jealous is the proper term. The OP asked what our OPINION of CV's is and whether we love or hate them. As should be perfectly clear, put me in the hate camp. CV's are audio pablum for babies who don't know any better. The worst part is they aren't even the best at that. If you want earth shattering SPL's there are much better ( read expensive) choices. Don't talk down to me since you have no idea who you are talking too.

If you've actually listened to a large selection of amp/speaker combinations and settled on CV's then you might need to take the wax out of your ears.

Mike

Nice going!

The OP asked for the opinion of Cerwin Vega speakers, not what you think of the people who like them. You made a prejudice blanket statement of anyone who likes them, and you can't take it back. You screwed up, and now everyone knows it. Now you're calling that same group babies? This is rich... it just keeps getting better and better. You really are jealous! Thanks again for being such an easy target. Nice going! :thmbsp:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom