Changing it Up! Part Deux

Ugh! That's the worst! Do you think you'll be trying them in all three systems at some point?

Bill

My LS50s should be here on Friday. My dealer was really curious about these speakers so I will probably have him stop by with a tube amp or two. We still have that Leben to run through its paces. I really want to hear the Line Magnetic LM211ia as it may be affordable sooner and has one of my favorite output tubes in the EL34's. Probably not enough power though.

That 211IA may be a match made in heaven - and it may have more than enough balls to do the job. It drives the ATC 100 speakers which are not easy to drive gorgeously making me second guess my Audio Space purchase - especially on vocals - the 515 CD player helped. LM amps have proven to me to have robust transformers. The KEF is rated to handle 25 -100 watts and my 24 watt amp has no trouble with them.

Let me know how the combination works for you - I too prefer the EL34 in push pull most of the time although the ECL82 recently has made me a believer.

Sitting here waiting for the LS50's to arrive. I'm warming up the AV system so that it is ready for their arrival. I started by listening to some Jazz on the Wharfedale Diamond 10.1's and then I went and dug out the Quad 11L Classics and am listening to them. Man they are a very good speaker. Extraordinary balance and understated detail...I'm enjoying them this morning!

I am afraid that the "UPS Guy" is going to make you wait all day until he delivers the LS50's. It is probably the heaviest box on his truck today?

I read your comments in the other thread, now I'm very very intruiged, as most have said these require break in, and you didn't like the spendors off the bat, but from first impressions do like the KEF...

bugger. by the time you get to reviewing these I'll be back in a busy work week so I won't have time to sit and digest your verbiage... LOL!

jaz

Albany HiFi, what can I play for you today?

002_zpsd59d1160.jpg

Nice room Art! Its like you have your own audio showroom. Are you taking in a boarders at this time? Because I would be interested. :D

Had I known you were looking for "box speakers" I could have knocked out another, smaller, set of cabinets for you.

cubdog

Oh my! :yikes:

I'll have to admit that when I was a young fella I took a nice set of coaxial car speakers and did something similar...though I was using more rectangular boxes and screwed the speakers down. Funny when I look back on it.

Oh my! :yikes:

I'll have to admit that when I was a young fella I took a nice set of coaxial car speakers and did something similar...though I was using more rectangular boxes and screwed the speakers down. Funny when I look back on it.

Oh my is what I say whenever I hear these. They are awaiting permanent residence in some open baffles. As is, paired with two subs, they are extremely musical. They are 8 inch Audio Nirvana full range drivers.

cubdog

Glad you are enjoying them, Cub. Looking forward to when they find their permanent home. Should be great.

Over the past couple of days I have rotated every important piece of equipment and every cable in and out of each system so that I can evaluate where the various pieces should be and what I can now move on. It's been a blast as I have a bunch of stuff. I will share my findings later.

Back
Top Bottom