chario hiper 1000 placement

rawpower1953

hi there wonderful AK People my query is i have just aquirred a pair of CHario hiper 1000 bookshelf speakers for zilch in great condition the problem is they are bottom ported so how would i place them on speaker stands or brackets ? i have a nad c370 amp to drive them and they are biwirable these bookshelfs are heavy but they do have a great sound any help would be much appreciated and also any views on these speakers thanks a million as im a novice on here

Funny that someone built 'bookshelf' speakers that can't stand upright on a bookshelf. :dunno:

Theoretically you could turn them upside down or sideways on any stand. Nothing magic about having speakers 'upright'. It's more important for floorstanders because you want the tweeter as close to ear height as possible, but with a small speaker on a stand, that's not a problem.

Or, use a stand with a hole in the center so the stand doesn't block the port.

Or a stand that attaches to the speaker from the rear so it is suspended in front of the stand instead of sitting on it.

hi there folks i have just found out that you have speakers tilted with rubber feet on the front base so nothing is blocking the air coming out at the bottom just wondering does anyone have info on these speakers as there very info on the net once again many thanks for your input

If you use the search box at the upper right and search the Speaker forum for "Chario" you'll see a number of posts at least mentioning them. Some of those members might still have a set, and if they don't see this thread you could always send them a private message.

hi there i had a look but not much info on posts thanks for your suggestion there very little info on the net what i might do is get some round rubber discs about 30mm height and place them underneath speakers on stands would that work wow i have never seen down firing ports on speakers before subwoofers yes thanks once again Ak people

Yes that will work. Some people use hockey pucks for equipment feet. There are also square "HVAC vibration pads" which are foam sandwiched by rubber - Google them to find. Whatever looks good to you.

Yes that will work. Some people use hockey pucks for equipment feet. There are also square "HVAC vibration pads" which are foam sandwiched by rubber - Google them to find. Whatever looks good to you.
many thanks for info i will certanly google and see what there is out there

Back
Top Bottom