Charles Bronson

Wireworm5

Audiophile
One of my favorite actors died this week. I rank him with Clint Eastwood,Steven Seagul,Chuck Norris,Rambo,Arnie Schwartzenbegger, Lee Marvin.
My favorite Bronson movies are:
Hard Times
The Mechanic
Once Upon a Time in the Old West
Death Hunt
Chato's Land
Death Wish

I think I will have to purchase these movies as a memorial to this great actor. I don't understand why he isn't ranked with other big names. I will miss him.:(

Yea, it's to bad about ole Charlie. I liked his style. But I am insulted to see that you would dare lump Clint Eastwood in with the likes of Seagal, Norris, Arnie? Gimme a break. Clint Eastwood is a god in the film industry and holds four academy awards for best picture of the year with Unforgiven. I like those other guys for what they are but in the same breath as Clint. Such blasphemy should be punishable by... :uzi: :bs:

from the same mold

I lump these actors with Clint because they all play similar type characters roles as him.
They all ...
Know how to handle a gun and shoot accurately.
shoot first and ask questions later.
have a good sense of justice and know how to execute it.
are pros at handling a car in high speed car chases.
are leaders not followers.
remain steadfast to their ideals or goals even when opposed by fellow workers, friends,lovers or the press.
are brave.
are good in hand to hand combat.
have no problems schmoozing with the ladies.
can fly a plane.
can ride a horse.
Assuming they are all the same ages. You can substitute anyone of them into films played by one of the other, and they would not be out of place.For example Dirty Harry could be played by all of them. Bronson could have played in the Spagehetti Westerns, etc. 'Every Which Way but Loose' by Clint Eastwood was just a revamped version of 'Hard Times' by Bronson.

Character roles? Well geeee then, many more could be lumped in there too. With all the different characters that Mr. Eastwood played why you could lump damn near all of Hollywood in there. But all I have to say to any comparisons is "Academy Awards". Once we compare those why, your list is short, short, short...

Blasphemy I say!! :gigglemad :rant: :)

Bronson flicks

"Once Upon a Time in the West" was/is my all-time favorite western. Saw an interview with Jason Robards years ago and he was talking about what a mess it was, what with an Italian crew producing a western in the US (Utah) with both American and Italian actors, including Claudia Cardinale's dubbed lines. There was also some disdain that Henry Fonda was never nominated for an AA for this movie, which I believe, John Wayne took for "True Grit" that year. Another good Bronson film that gets overlooked is "The Valachi Papers", pretty much based on Joseph Valachi's testimony in which he fingered a number of mob bosses and activities around '64. Good flick but in the night scenes that take place in the 30's-40's, watch for the side marker lights (not on American cars until '68) in the passing traffic!

Michael

Once Upon a Time

is one of the greatest westerns ever made. The only one I think is better is 'The Good,The Bad,The Ugly'.
Henry Fonda makes this movie, he's one mean SOB and a great actor.

Once upon a time, I saw that movie almost every day for a month in 69 in downtown Panama City. The Spanish subtitles didn't bother me a bit. I think the movie didn't go over that well because Fonda was the bad guy. Everyone wanted old Henry to always be the good guy. Bronson was the hero and though it was the 1st movie I ever saw with him in it he might have already been typecast as the visious killer type and that might not have gone over well either. Is it on DVD? I want to see it again.

From what I've read at Amazon.com 'Once Upon a Time in The Old West' is to be released in dvd format on Nov. 18, 2003. If I understand correctly there is already a dvd version in Italian.
The new release will be for the Canadian and American market. And I will own a copy when I see one.

Back
Top Bottom