Cheapest used CD player for good sound quality.

Discussion in 'Digital Sources' started by Almonds, May 24, 2018.

1. Pioneered

Pioneered Well-Known Member

I bought this one about a year ago to replace a POS off brand DVD/VHS that died, it's a shame but, I have way too many VHS tapes
    to start replacing them with DVD's. I'm real happy it plays the CD's so well though.

Please register to disable this ad.

2. N8Nagel

N8Nagel AK Subscriber Subscriber

See if it's supported by Harmony, if not, then look into a JP1 remote. If you really are going to be into acquiring cheap old gear you should have one of each.

3. AlTinkster92

AlTinkster92 AK Subscriber Subscriber

Thanks N8, got this for a backup and it sounds really good. Basically a transport.......

4. N8Nagel

N8Nagel AK Subscriber Subscriber

I just picked up two AR Xsight Touches because Harmony doesn't 100% support my Luxman TP-117. I'm now a convert, with Remote Master software they are insanely flexible.

5. doctor fuse

doctor fuse AK Subscriber Subscriber

I still use an old 90s Denon player I got for $10. I haven't been able to hear much difference in the few CD players I have listened to.

All I do know, is I listen to digital much more, now that I use a PS Audio Digital Link III DAC. I listen longer, I listen more actively, and I do actually hear more detail and "air" (the Denon has a coaxial digital out).

6. Johnny_Law

Johnny_Law AK Member Subscriber

I recently stumbled across two of the Denon DCD line of CD players. Back to back against my PS1, I was surprised, they both provide a much better sound. Shockingly good. The DCD-1500 is amazing and can be found very cheap.

Grenadeslio likes this.

Please register to disable this ad.

7. corbin

corbin Active Member

+1 for SCPH-1001 Playstation 1 :p

8. cpt_paranoia

cpt_paranoia Active Member

I saw a Sony CDP-M305 for £1.99 yesterday. No idea as to the quality, but, barring skip-diving, I don't think you'll get much cheaper than that...