Check out this auction....

Wow !!!

That's a crazy amount of $$$ for a SA-9800. :yikes:

Hey Greg did ya see the JA rack handles Here... that ended this weekend... they went for a pretty penny too... Guess I'll keep checking the thrifts and hope I get lucky on those bad boy's !!! :cry:

txsviking said:
I had the same thought. I did a BIN in April on a perfect 9800II for 275.00.
Maybe I was just lucky :banana:
Terry

Terry,
Yep, I know what you're talking about, I got a mint SA-9800 and TX-9800 for $250 off Audiogon a few years back.

Retro

Parky50 said:
Wow !!!

That's a crazy amount of $$$ for a SA-9800. :yikes:

Hey Greg did ya see the JA rack handles Here... that ended this weekend... they went for a pretty penny too... Guess I'll keep checking the thrifts and hope I get lucky on those bad boy's !!! :cry:

Hey Mike,
Yep, caught the auction for the handles, but I have actually seen the "new in the box" ones go for over $300 a pair before.

Retro

700+ for an SA-9800? Its a nice looking receiver and all, but there are a lot of other pieces of gear I'd rather have for that price. I suppose if one was collecting and HAD to have it to finish off a collection...

and it's missing a knob!

Someone's messing around here - not sure who though. That kind of $$$ can get a Spec 1 and Spec 4 combo (with some luck).

These funny 'spikes' in auction values seem to happen here and there with various items. It could be someone wants the value of these to rise, even temporarily, then put one up for auction hoping newbies will look at past sales and bid accordingly. Or a seller and shill bidder (or even a joke bidder with no connection to the seller) have found that perfect bidder - someone who puts a $1000 bid on on a $300 item figuring that the next highest bidder will do all the work for them in determining the current market value. A really dumb thing to do.

I recently bought a Kenwood integrated amp - the 2 previous auctions ended at $350 and $180. Mine ended at $74. The next up one had no bidders at $75. Go figure.

But even at that price, its still just the same two bidders. Guess everyone else is too smart to join in at that price, but I still wonder.... -- Foe

Hey Aaron,
Yep, I think it was a pretty good deal. I thought I was actually taking a chance, because at the time, this person had NO feedbacks what-so-ever, but I e-mailed them and talked to the owner on the phone. He was older than I was and lived in Iowa, what more do you need! LOL! None of the SPEC equipment was ever rack-mounted, so there are absolutely no marks on any of it. Like I said, the speakers were the only pieces of equipment that looked a little rough, but I tested them all out and all the drivers are functioning perfectly. They just need a re-finishing job and they'll look great. Those Marantz Imperial 7's are a great speaker for stacking 2 pairs! All-in-all, I'm VERY happy with the transaction. :yes:

Retro

Well done, Retro! Of course, a better title and pics would have probably driven up the price. It just goes to show that there are bargains to be found, even on eBay.

Back
Top Bottom