Cherry busting

Thank you for the tips.
I was planning on cleaning all the pots after I repaired the damage however the new parts I have received from Mr. Speece have been checked and cleaned.
However if I was using the old parts that’s a good point.
Really itching to get back at it but have been stuck working for the last week and a half. Damn work.

Ok have time to get back at it today.
I have a question. Whenever I fire it up from the first day I got it it makes a sound that I’m figuring is not good. When you depress the power button it goes “thungggg”.
Does this have something to do with the protection circuit?

Last edited:
Aah, ok I only get that sound when the right side speaker is hooked up.
The right side is dead on both speaker banks. When the right side speaker is disconnected there is no fire up “thung” sound.
I have the volume and balance pots rewired. I’m not sure if all is correct but the volume does volumize and the balance takes the left side out but there is no right side yet so can’t fully tell if all is ok. However it seems ok if the right side was working.
So now I have to figure out if I have something wrong or there is another problem.
Fun
BTW you guys that make this all so beautiful with lovely connections........ I so appreciate your talent. This small wire stuff is hard for us ham fisted knuckle draggers.

I’m only playing am white noise through it right now. I have nothing in the inputs. Sorry I didn’t answer that before.

I was talking about the audio inputs going into the P700 amp board not audio source. This often helps me isolate issues. If you do this, check the manual and make sure the wires are the correct ones. They are normally in a shielded cable with three wires inside red black and white.

Lucked out on the honeydoos.
This may be one of those times I referenced in my first post about patience.
I have no three wire groups into the board, only two wire and multi wire. Also on the connections at the J703, J704 pins is where the po had those jumpers installed out the back of the unit so one of them may be cold.
Edit
I’ve since, cleaned up those joints. Have not fired it back up yet.
I’m thinking I should build a DBT since I don’t know what I’m doing in here and that may give me a clue.

ACC2-C403-33-ED-44-B6-BC8-B-1-EC320-B3-EFA3.jpg

8-DFDDA38-4-D80-40-D1-81-B0-69647-DE70-E3-C.jpg

3-D34336-B-0488-43-D3-8659-4-A1225-FFC9-A4.jpg

Last edited:
Starting below zero looks daunting, how goes the battle?
I got here because I found a 2220 that needs love too. Fortunately mine looks original, yours....damn.

Very daunting.
I’ve had to work a bit much lately and it’s been a bit cold outside (enough excuses?) but plan to get back after it soon.
I’m still determined to make it run.
Most of my problem has been getting my wee little brain to understand what wire coincides with the diagram and where to connect said wire on potentiometers once I do figure it out.
Not having a correct unit to start with to trace wire runs is challenging.
The basics like soldering I’ve got.
I’ll get it though I may have to cheat and ask my tech to help me identify circuits, paths and why things do what they do.
But learnin’ Is good.
Thanks for asking.

Back
Top Bottom