Chicago-Area AKers! Save Feb. 25th.

And I had to leave relatively early for the same reason. Pity. Next time.

I also wanted to take some pics, but I was so busy gabbing away that I didn't get time to do that either! And I know there were a lot of folks I didn't really get to meet, and wanted to - that's how good a meet it was!

Some of the guys were asking for more information on my little Scythe Kama Bay 2000 REV. B amp with the Yamaha chip. I did a search this morning and was not able to find a vender still selling it. Never the less I will bump my original thread that contains a link to some reviews. Since my amp is the third version using this chip it is possible another version is in the works. Look in the General Audio forum the thread.

cubdog

Thanks to all that attended. I estimate there were more than 40 people attending. I meant to get a head count with the sign in sheet but more than several people missed it.

The house was remarkably intact this morning despite the numbers and that is a testament to the fine people that attended. As I've said previously, all I do is open the doors at the appointed hour and it was many of you attending that did all the work. I thank all of you for making this the best one ever (although we do seem to say that every year).

For everyone that brought and helped with equipment (you know who you are) I sincerely thank you for your efforts. The event wouldn't nearly be the same without you.

I enjoyed seeing many of my old friends (who I first met at the first and other Get-Togethers here) and making some new ones.

Of course I have to thank my lovely wife for handling the food and other hosting chores. Believe it or not, we are already looking forward to the next one.

My son's girlfriend took pictures before her camera died. As soon as she gets home to her charger, she'll mail me her pics and I'll post them here.

Last edited:
Dang... that looked like fun. I just joined AK, Robie was kind enough to invite me, I had a family obligation so I couldn't make it.

Still kinda hung over, and goin back for leftovers this evening, too :D

Thanks again, Robie! I'll make sure I got my calendar open next time this sorta thing happens.

Thanks again Bob and Collette!
Enjoyed the vinyl, not a bad sounding setup in the house.
Anyone know where I can get one of those Pilot "bling" pre amps?
-JR

I just found some nice banana jumpers on the floor in the living room. Might they belong to Southern?

I also found a nice small combo straight blade/Phillips head screw driver on the marble coffee table in the living room. Please let me know who they belong to and I'll get them back to you.

I left a vintage BMW in the garage, I'll swing by late one night to pick it up...don't stay up or anything.

Big thanks to our very gracious hosts. I'm bummed that I missed so many people, as I couldnt be there till after 6. But for the time that I stayed, it was a blast. Heard some great gear, and re-met some friends from last year. Looking forward to next year already. although we really shouldnt wait that long.

Another thing I love about these meets is that I always walk away with a few album titles to look up. This year was no different. Muddy Waters, folk singer. I cant believe I didnt already own this. Cant wait to look up some of the other things I wrote down.

next year, we should keep a running list of the sides we played. such great stuff.

So, who'd hosting next? love to bring my 500c next time.

Re straight blade/phillips

I just found some nice banana jumpers on the floor in the living room. Might they belong to Southern?

I also found a nice small combo straight blade/Phillips head screw driver on the marble coffee table in the living room. Please let me know who they belong to and I'll get them back to you.

That would be my screw driver, I also left without my PILOT pre, you know the one with the gold face and cool VU meters?

-JR

Robie,

My equipment is accounted for, any one else missing banana jumpers?

Thanks to Bob, Colette and family for hosting a great AK gathering. It was nice to meet some of the AK family.

I was most impressed with the vinyl. Too bad I missed out on the York.

Ray, thanks for bringing the Fortes. I know they got a good workout. This speaker may actually change my mind about the other Klipsch speakers I've heard.

Clay, might those jumpers be yours?

I have to agree about the Fortes. Never been much of a Klipsch fan but I can't deny how good they sounded, epecially with that modded tube integrated that was working just before the Leben.

Remind me to introduce you to my two felines during my annual cookout here in late August. I don't let the younger one into the listening room much at all because he decided he likes to climb the 7 ft. tall Sound Labs. But he's about the most affectionate kitty you'll ever encounter.

Bob and Colette
Thanks again for having us all,it was a great time.Enjoyed listening to all the audio. Loved the Lebon and the TT. Hope to see you guys next year.

Back
Top Bottom