Chicago Area/Southern WI AKers - February 23, 2019 - Save the Date

Great to hear, Scott.

Anyone wishing to sell something should go ahead and do so. I'm not discouraging it, and if you make a deal with an attendee, both parties win.

I will for sure save the date, and should probably be able to attend. As others have said, I just may try to shove a piece gear in the backseat to sell/barter with, but this should be a good time regardless.

If for sure going, I'll PM and/or search posts for the address. Love this idea, society needs more hifi socials!

Last edited:
All interested in attending, that have not heard from me yet, please PM me so I can reply with an address and instructions. I know that most of you will just use google maps for instructions.

I'll have chili or a pasta dish and ask all attendees to bring their beverage of choice and a small snack/appetizer/dessert to share.

If you read my tag line on equipment, I do have other stuff here as well. McIntosh MA230, Rectlinear Highboys, "double Genesis" Model 10s?, Audire Legato, Epicure Model 4s, mostly east coast classic bookshelfs by Dynaco, advent, KLH, Alison, Indignias.

Don't miss the RBA Model 1 mono speaker which many have called the "Holy Grail" ;).

Modern stuff includes: NAD C326BEE integrated, Elac Debut 2's and UB5's, Pass ACA kit amp, Schiit Saga, Modi3 and Mani (with Swagman Labs LPS). Gigalabs Moon DAC.

TTs include, Rega Planar 2 w/ Denon DL103, Thorens TD 126 MkIII w/ Stanton 681EEE, Thorens TD 165 w/ Dynavector 10x5, Revox B795 w/ Grado 8MR and new Grado 8MZ stylus and Garrard (please don't laugh) GT-35 w/ a fairly nice ADC cart with new Jico stylus.

Several vintage receivers by Sherwood, Sumo Athena pre, Audire Crescendo power, Little Bear tube buffer, Several nice tuners, etc., etc., etc.

All the equipment that I can remember now but bring whatever you want to hear and ask the guys in charge of the 2 or 3 systems (not me - that's too much work) to hear it. We'll all do our best so that everything gets heard.

BTW, my son is a budding DJ and will bring his home built DJ speakers (very nice) and DJ mixer so be prepared to be impressed with the quality audio (and music) he'll be spinning.

All in all this is definitely more of a social event than one devoted to critical listening.

All I ask is that you just have fun.

Last edited:
Thanks for the DM, and i just found this thread. I am going to do my best to get up there for a few hours among the family commitments I have on that day.
and Kudos to your budding DJ.... I run the DJ club at my high school and it is a an awesome and fun outlet for these students to get their groove on (and i enjoy a good groove myself as well!) :)

I'd love to come, but chicken out at heading home in winter. 17 miles today in freezing rain was enough fun; 400 miles if the weather gets foul is too dicey.

Andyman, if the weather is too rough (impossible for Canadians) just take the subway here. ;)

Seriously, I enjoy your posts and if you just happen to show up, all the better. Thanks for the post.

My house/garage in Paddock Lake, WI. Just north of Hwy 50. About half way between Kenosha and Lake Geneva.

A few pictures are posted on the thread for last year's get together on this forum.

Hi Bob! We hung out at Paddock Lake, raced at Union Grove & hung out at "Dick's Bar" in Kenosha next to the AMC plant just about every weekend in the 70's in the summer. I had distant relatives that owned the "Sportman's Bar" across from Paddock Lake (it might be called something else now). Wish I could make to the get together, Keep warm, cheers!

I would love to attend, again. I should have your address from last year.
Todd

Looking forward to finally meeting you. BTW, my second floor garage listening room will never flood..... ;)

It may freeze though..... LOL

I have to pass - surgery on the 18th & I'll be out of commission for 3 weeks. Maybe next time. Hoist a glass for me.
Thanks for offering to host.

Bob

If anyone that previously expressed an interest in coming can no longer make it, please let me know. I'm trying to get a headcount for food.

Thanks.

PS Still looking forward to it.

Update: Kitchen still under construction but who needs a stinking kitchen when you have audio. We'll be next door anyway.

Starting to get excited and hope y'all are still attending.

PM me with any questions.

Back
Top Bottom