1. Time for some upgrades in server hardware and software to enhance security and take AK to the next level. Please contribute what you can to sales@audiokarma.org at PayPal.com - Thanks from the AK Team
    Dismiss Notice

Chicago to Massachusetts or NH by Christmas

Discussion in 'The AudioKarma Pony Express' started by Sounds Good!, Nov 12, 2017.

1. Sounds Good!

Sounds Good! Yes, it's fast. No, you can't drive it. Subscriber

This is a great community! Thanks for your generous offer. I almost had something worked with you as step 1, but Kevin came along with a direct flight instead of changing planes: easier for everyone.

All the best, Mike

Please register to disable this ad.

2. Hose53

Hose53 AK Subscriber Subscriber

Glad it worked out so well Mike! Enjoy!

Sounds Good! likes this.
  3. Sounds Good!

Sounds Good! Yes, it's fast. No, you can't drive it. Subscriber

Epilogue: In early November, I started a conversation with AKer bandg69 (aka Anthony) about his nearly pristine Onkyo TX 8500 II., which he'd made available on Barter Town. Anthony lives in Chicago and I'm just outside Boston. I was happy to pay Anthony's very reasonable asking price, but he didn't want to pack and ship such a heavy, valuable piece of equipment. I understood completely.

But, I really wanted the Onkyo, so I persisted, suggesting that we make the deal, and I would seek a Pony Express. Anthony agreed. The search was on, but despite a generous offer (AKer Hose53) to get the Onkyo halfway home, Pearl Harbor Day came and went without a solution.

Then, in mid-December Kevin D (AK handle) posted in the Pony Express forum that he was traveling from Chicago to Northampton, MA around Christmas. Jackpot!

Anthony and Kevin met, and Kevin took the hand-off a heavy, well packed box of Monster Receiver. Both gentlemen had great things to say about the other. I was pumped!

So, on Christmas Eve I drove a snowy two hours to meet Kevin in Northampton. What a great guy! He was so happy about being able to help make this Festivus Miracle a reality, that he could not stop smiling. We had a terrific chat about vintage audio, family, and how this Pony Express Hail Mary pass came to be.

Two great guys I am pleased to call AK friends. I understand a beer or three is in their future.

Thank you Kevin and Anthony! Truly a Festivus Miracle.