chicks' Goodwill Systems

Couldn't resist this little Denon UDRA-M10 receiver for the price of lunch at Mickey D's. Came with the 3-drawer CDP, which is non functional, but the receiver works beautifully. Don't really use CD's anymore, just add a ChromeCast Audio to bring it up to date. Driving the B&W DM-302's nicely. The original system's Mission speakers were MIA, unfortunately.

IMG_20151219_102607.jpg

:rflmao:

Not laughing at you.... but with you... I am a regular G-Will cruiser myself and have expanded my "vintage" gear considerably due to it. I have to apply a general rule though, and its pretty straight forward:

If I can't store it... Ignore it!

The wife loves my hobby... but loses the appreciation when its in the way... or looking good, and going no where :idea:

Nah, most of it gets cleaned, Deoxit on the controls, then sold on Craigslist. Funded the overhaul of my QUAD ESL-63s that way. Don't keep what I don't use, but always fun to play with for a while.

I would love to follow you around someday , Chicks . You know , in a totally non-creepy , I want your sloppy seconds kind of a way . :D

You sir are my hero. Some of your scores are incredible. I've recently caught the bug myself and have really been enjoying the hunt for vinyl and gear.

Chicks, we are practically neighbors, we should hook up and discuss a swap meet! Basically we meet and swap so,e gear...

Let me know, I'm up in Auburn, I don't think I have quite as much gear as you, but it is close!

Jim

Chicks - great thread! What would you say was your favorite piece of equipment you stumbled upon? And do you still get a rush when you see a sweet piece of equipment poking out from the dusty underbelly of a thrift shop?

Favorite? Hard to say, loved playing with all the pieces while I had them. I suppose the ones I can't part with might be considered favorites. This little Pioneer paired with the B&W's are a pretty cool compact system; look great, the Japanese-market Pio is unique in this country, which makes it cooler.

1344795014347.jpg

For vintage, the looks of the Marantz receiver are hard to beat.

IMG_20141109_084358.jpg

That is certainly one outstanding line up of gear. I do hope you're going to give your contact an extra special fat envelope at this time of the year:)

Looks like we lost a few posts with the database issue, so...

Brought out one of the McIntosh MAC-1700s for exercise. Heavy beast. Looks wise, it's kinda Plain Jane vs the Marantz, but it's on the other side of the room, so doesn't get that lovely afternoon glow that lights up the 2235B. I'll try to get up early enough next weekend to see if it catches the morning sun.

IMG_20160220_130235.jpg

The Marantz brightens the whole room.

IMG_20160221_161220.jpg

Thanks for posting one of my favorites. I love those early Mac receivers about as much as any other vintage pieces. I'd enjoy owning the 1500 or 1700 very much, and have the perfect room to use them in. Hoping a resale shop will be kind to me someday. And your Minolta ain't to shabby either. I have a number of old camera, non of them working, but they look cool on a shelf.

I truly enjoy all new postings in this thread. Chicks you have quite the eye for design. I envision you in a Frank Lloyd Wright house.

I truly enjoy all new postings in this thread. Chicks you have quite the eye for design. I envision you in a Frank Lloyd Wright house.
Well, not quite in the 1% that could afford a Wright-designed home. I do live in an Eichler home, though. Mass produced MCM, very open and livable, at least in CAs mild climate Sort of like those Michael Graves-designed clocks Target was selling a few years back; great design, inexpensively produced. ;)

http://www.eichlernetwork.com/article/wonderful-world-eichler-homes

Well, not quite in the 1% that could afford a Wright-designed home. I do live in an Eichler home, though. Mass produced MCM, very open and livable, at least in CAs mild climate Sort of like those Michael Graves-designed clocks Target was selling a few years back; great design, inexpensively produced. ;)

http://www.eichlernetwork.com/article/wonderful-world-eichler-homes

Whereabouts do you live?? My neighborhood is packed with that type of home ...

My "system" for the next two weeks while on vacation. Goodwills everywhere are filled with these 30-pin speaker docks. This one also has bluetooth built in, was maybe $5. Paired with Apple Music on my phone, sounds just fine.

20160503_082247.jpg

Back
Top Bottom