Childhood Foolishness

Thatch_Ear

Addicted Member
When I was four I decided to play on the swing set while my mother mowed the lawn. I put my feet through the hand rings to hang by my knees. That got old pretty quick but when I tried to get out of the rings my feet got stuck. So there I was hung by my feet and my mother could not hear my screams for help over the noise of the lawn mower.

OUCH!

Hmmmm that explains why.:eek:

I got chased by an enraged cow; once had a boil on my butt; thats about it.:D

True story,

When I was maybe 10 or 11.......

There was a field next to the back of our housing addition, and there was horse in the field.

Me and another kid, got in the barn and climbed up the stall fence, and got on the horses back (the other kid first, then me right behind), so we could go for a ride.

Well he took us for a ride !! He bolted, and took off out the barn door.......... the other kid's head hit the top of the barn door opening, and I in turn got knocked off as my head hit his, as he was knocked off.

We both crashed to the ground, lucky we didn't really get hurt. Only bad bump on my forehead. (maybe that's whats wrong with me?)

Never went in that barn again!!

When I was about 4 or 5 I was running down the steps to our porch with a Pepsi Bottle in my hand. I made it to the bottom two steps before I tripped......Lesson leared never put out your hands when you are holding a bottle in them when you are falling.
Lotsa stitiches.

When I was about a year older my older sister dared me to light a straw broom on fire from the kitchen stove. I did but then i heard my dad coming in from outside. I quickly ran up stairs and hid the burning broom in the hall closet. It took a minute for my dad to figure out something was wrong. I got an Ass whoopng that still hurts to this day !

Next time I will tell ya all about what happened when it was my turn at bat and a bigger kid wouldnt let me. Hint never turn your back on a Mad 9 year old holding a bat.

Grumpy

Never chase an older sister with a snake and 6 months later turn your back when she has a stiff bristled hair brush.
Never torment an older sister and then follow her up the stairs.
Never tell an older sister that "Mrs Brown, You have a Lovely Daughter" sucks. Or that Bobby Sherman is Queer.( that gets back to first lesson with hair brush and stairs, which was a lesson that never stopped as sooner or later I would let my guard down. I caught a lot of snakes as a child!)

One time my twin brother and I were playing mini putt at a local course. Some sort of dispute ensued and I calmy wound up with the putter and took a full swing at my golf ball in his general direction. Suffice to say I hit him square between the eyes with the ball which was by far the most accurate shot I'd hit all day.

Mike

Back
Top Bottom