chillwolf...

chillwolf

"Play 'em off!"
My name is Will and I live in the beautiful Shenandoah Valley in Va. I love finding and fixing up audio gear, especially the older stuff! I have been a member here for 1 year, and love this place! :yes: It's kinda like being down at the local watering hole and shooting the chit with your buddies. There are a great bunch of guys here and I enjoy the wit and banter that goes on amongst everyone. I don't have any hi-end gear yet, the best I have right now is a Marantz 2270 with wood case. But I do have some nice equipment such as a Pioneer SX 450, Sherwood S-7100A, Toshiba SA-400, Technics SA-80 (nice lower powered receivers). Plus some decent TTs, speakers, CDPs, cassette decks, integrated amps, tuners and RTRs.
I find most of my stuff at GW, SA and other thrift shops and yard sales. I have gotten a few things off that infamous auction site also. I think the most I spent on one item was $70 for an Akai 4000DB RTR.
I like tinkering around and swapping out different components and speakers in a system, and cartridges in a TT, to find a sound that pleases me. :music:
You won't be seeing much in the way of advice from me, as I know next to nothing compared to a lot of people here. But I do read quite a few of the threads here, as I have gained much knowledge about this hobby by doing that!
My other hobby I'm passionate about is photography. Have been into the digital part of it since the beginning when the highest resolution consumer camera available was less than one megapixel. Also like shooting film too, I have four SLR cameras, plus all the required accessories, like tripods, lenses and yadayadayada. I think you get the picture!
You can see some of my photos here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/chillwolf/ or here: http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v626/hiwaystar/?

I hope this site is around for a long time! As I really enjoy being here! :thmbsp:

Thanks Bill and Snade for your comments! And thanks Snade for taking the time to look at my photos, glad you liked them.

Nice photos. My GF is the photographer in the family, but here's one I took on the 4th of July

Attachments

• 100_2200.jpg
    100_2200.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 11
Thanks guys for your comments! I think it's great to be able to have audio and visual hobbies. :thmbsp: Hopefully someday soon I will be able to meet some of you in person! :yes:

Thanks guys for your comments! I think it's great to be able to have audio and visual hobbies. :thmbsp: Hopefully someday soon I will be able to meet some of you in person! :yes:

Great pics. I enjoy your posts, sir.

Wanna meet some great AKers? Come to ATL in Oct. for the 3rd Annual Dixie Fest.:yes:

Nice photos, Will! I especially like the light and sense of space in your interior still life work. :thmbsp:

Hey Will.. I didn't know you were into photography... Some really great shots!!!

When you're over on the 29th, I think I'm gonna have to pick your brain for a few minutes to figure out how you get some of the great sky colors at sunrise and set. I do OK with them, but yours are exceptional! :thmbsp:

Back
Top Bottom